Publishing Investor Charter and Disclosure of Investor Complaints by Merchant Bankers on their Websites for public offers by REITs and InvITs
Securities and Exchange Board of India
CIRCULAR No. SEBI/HO/DDHS/DDHS_Div3/P/CIR/2021/672| Dated: November 26, 2021
All Registered Merchant Bankers
Sub: Publishing Investor Charter and Disclosure of Investor Complaints by Merchant Bankers on their Websites for public offers by REITs and InvITs
1. With a view to provide investors relevant information about the primary market issuances by REITs and InvITs, an Investor Charter has been prepared by SEBI in consultation with Merchant Bankers.
2. This charter is a brief document containing different services to investors at a single place for ease of reference.
3. All registered Merchant Bankers are hereby advised to disclose on their websites, the Investor Charter for each of the following categories, as provided at Annexure – A to this circular:
a. Public offer of units by REITs
b. Public offer of units by InvITs
4. Additionally, in order to bring about transparency in the Investor Grievance Redressal Mechanism, it has also been decided that all the registered Merchant Bankers shall disclose on their respective websites, the data on complaints received against them or against issues dealt by them and redressal thereof, on each of the aforesaid categories separately as well as collectively, latest by 7th of succeeding month, as per the format enclosed at Annexure – B to this circular.
5. The provisions of this circular shall come into effect from January 01, 2022.
6. This circular is being issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, Regulation 33 of the REIT Regulations and Regulation 33 of the InvIT Regulations.
7. This circular is available on the website of the Securities and Exchange Board of India at www.sebi.gov.in under the category “Legal” and under the drop down “Circulars”.
Deena Venu Sarangadharan
Deputy General Manager
Department of Debt and Hybrid Securities
Tel No. 022-2644-9266
Email – [email protected]