Government of India
Central Board of Direct Taxes
Directorate General of Income Tax (HRD)
ICADR Building, Plot No-6, Vasant Kunj Institutional Area, Phase-II
New Delhi -110070, Phone & Fax: 26898805
Dated: 21st October, 2016
All Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax/ CCsIT/PrDGsIT/DGsIT (By Name),
All Principal Commissioner of Income-tax/CsIT/PrDsIT/DsIT/ CsIT(Admin&TPS, CO) (By Name),
Subject: Launch of Property Return and Intimation module in HRMS -Income Tax Business Application (ITBA) – Reg.
Kindly refer to the above subject. The Property Return and Intimation (PRI) module and related functionalities is available in ITBA HRMS Application w.e.f. 21.10.2016.
2. Property Return and Intimations Module is a part of the ITBA-HRMS Application. All Officers belonging to Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ are required to submit Immovable Property Return and Intimation (PRI) statement annually. The users can submit the intimation / prior Sanction Request and IPR statements through the system. The users also have a provision to check the status of the Intimation/Sanction Requests raised on the system.
3. Automated workflows are triggered on the HRMS system itself for the approvals required in case of sanction process. An approver has the authority to verify and approve the request submitted by the
4. Following functionalities are available through ITBA HRMS – Property Return and Intimation (PRI) module:
A. File Property Return: Employees belonging to Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ are required to submit Immovable Property Return statement annually. Employees can fill their Immovable Property Return of previous year in the month of January. Their Request will be forwarded to Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA)/ Custodian for acknowledgement (i.e. Take on Record). CCA/custodian can acknowledge (i.e. Take on Record) by accessing the request through the link present in their work list.
B. Request for Intimation: Employee can raise their Intimation Request for Movable Property, Immovable Property, Study Program, Examination, Others, On First Employment, Completion / Extension of House. Their request will be forwarded to CCA/ Custodian and CCA/custodian will forward the request to PCCIT for Approver can access the request through the Link present in their work list.
C. Request for Sanction: Employee can raise their Sanction Request for Movable Property, Immovable Property, Study Program, Others, Completion / Extension of House, Foreign Travel, Gifts-Immovable, Gifts-Movable, NGO, Transactions in Their Request will be forwarded to CCA/ Custodian and CCA/custodian will forward the request to PCCIT for approval. Approver can access the request through the Link present in their work list.
D. Reports: The Administrator belonging to the particular region can access Immovable Property Return Report of a Particular Employee belonging to his region. Administrator can access the Intimation and Sanction Report of a particular Employee. Vigilance Administrator can access the MIS Report based on the year. Administrator can view the list of Employee who have filed or not filed the Immovable Property Return of a Particular Region and Specific Year.
5. Property Return and Intimation (PRI) module can be accessed by entering the following URL in the browser: https://itba.incometax.gov.in
The path for this module is: ITBA Portal ->ESS ->Login -> Property Return and Intimation
6. RSA Token is not required to access the PRI module in ITBA-HRMS. Relevant users will need their individual name based department email IDs. The username and passwords will be communicated on their respective email The log in to the system will be through the username and password (sent on individual email ID) over the Tax net nodes. Users are advised to contact their respective RCC Admin for name based department email ID.
7. Users on Windows XP system are advised to download the Chrome (version 43) or Firefox (version 36) browser (if unavailable) from ITBA Portal -> Download Pre-Requisites to access the new ITBA application.
8. Training material including user manual, help content and frequently asked questions are available on the ITBA Portal -> Online Training on ITBA. Users can refer to these online resources to understand how to use the Property Return and Intimation (PRI) module functions in case of any problem.
9. Users are advised to contact helpdesk in case of any issues in respect of the ITBA.
A. URL of helpdesk – http://itbahelpdesk.incometax.net
B. Help desk number– 0120-2772828 – 42
C. Email ID – helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org
D. Help desk Timings – 8.30 A.M. – 7.30 P.M. (Monday to Friday)
(B. K. Singh)
ADG-3(HRD), New Delhi
1. PPS to Chairperson CBDT for information.
2. PPS to Member (Inv.)/Member (P&V)/Member(R)/ Member(IT)/ Member(L&C) /Member(A&J) CBDT for information.
3. The Web manager, for www.irsofficeronline.gov.in website with request to upload the instruction on the website.
4. ITBA Publisher for https://itba.incometax.gov.in portal with request to upload the instruction on the ITBA Portal.
(B. K. Singh)
ADG-3(HRD), New Delhi