Office of the
Commissioner of State Tax,
8th Floor, GST Bhavan,
Trade Circular No. 26T of 2017
Sub: Setting up GST Guidance Cell for resolving queries / difficulties regarding GST.
The GST Act has come into force from 1st July 2017. To provide assistance to dealers for filling online application for Registration, filling online Returns etc. location wise dedicated help desks have already been set up and contact details have been published on the Maharashtra GST Department’s web site.
2) Being a new enactment, it is likely that the tax payers will have certain queries regarding provisions of the GST Act, Rules, etc. Hence in order to resolve such queries, GST Guidance Cell has been set up.
3) Total Eight Functional Units have been set up under this Cell. Each Functional Unit comprises of 4 Officers i.e. Two Deputy Commissioners and Two Assistant Commissioners.
4) Each Functional Unit has been provided unique e-mail id. The dealers are requested to send their GST related queries about a subject on the respective e-mail id. The query will be answered by the respective Functional Unit by e-mail.
5) The Functional Units and respective e-mail ids are as follows:-
|Sr. No||Functional Unit||E-mail Id|
|2.||Returns & Composition Schemeemail@example.com|
|4.||Internal Circulars, Notificationsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
6) The queries regarding procedural aspects, clarity about nomenclature, etc. will be replied by the Guidance Cell.
7) The questions which need verification of documents, reference to earlier case laws, Tribunal judgements, etc. will not be answered by the Guidance Cell. Such questions need to be raised before appropriate thrums as mentioned in the MGST Act.
8) You are requested to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of all the members of your association.
9) This circular is clarifactory in nature and cannot he made use of for legal interpretation of provisions of Law. If any member of trade has any doubt, he may refer the matter to this Office for further clarification.
Commissioner of State Tax
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018