CBEL released Draft GST Rules on (1) Assessment and Audit (2) e-Way Bill on 13.04.2017. Comments are invited by 21.04.2017 at email@example.com
ASSESSMENT AND AUDIT
1. Provisional Assessment
(1) Every registered person requesting for payment of tax on a provisional basis in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 60 shall furnish an application in FORM GST ASMT-01, along with the documents in support of his request, electronically through the Common Portal, either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner.
(2) The proper officer may, on receipt of the application under sub-rule (1), issue a notice in FORM GST ASMT-02 requiring the registered person to appear in person or furnish additional information or documents in support of his request and the applicant shall file a reply to the notice in FORM GST ASMT – 03.
(3) The proper officer shall issue an order in FORM GST ASMT-04, either rejecting the application, stating the grounds for such rejection or allowing payment of tax on provisional basis indicating the value or the rate or both on the basis of which the provisional assessment is to be made and the amount for which the bond is to be executed and security to be furnished not exceeding twenty five per cent. of the amount covered under the bond.
(4) The registered person shall execute a bond in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) of section 60 in FORM GST ASMT-05 along with a security in the form of a bank guarantee for an amount as determined under sub rule (3):
Provided that a bond furnished to the proper officer under the Central/State Goods and Services Tax Act or Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act shall be deemed to be a bond furnished under the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder.
Explanation.- For the purposes of this rule, the term “amount” shall include the amount of integrated tax, central tax, State tax or Union territory tax and cess payable in respect of such transaction.
(5) The proper officer shall issue a notice in FORM GST ASMT-06, calling for information and records required for finalization of assessment under sub-section (3) of section 60 and shall issue a final assessment order, specifying the amount payable by the registered person or the amount refundable, if any, in FORM GST ASMT-07.
(6) The applicant may file an application in FORM GST ASMT- 08 for release of security furnished under sub-rule (4) after issue of order under sub-rule (5).
(7) The proper officer shall release the security furnished under sub-rule (4), after ensuring that the applicant has paid the amount specified in sub-rule (5) and issue an order in FORM GST ASMT–09 within a period of seven working days from the date of receipt of the application under sub-rule (6).
2. Scrutiny of returns
(1) Where any return furnished by a registered person is selected for scrutiny, the proper officer shall scrutinize the same in accordance with the provisions of section 61 with reference to the information available with him, and in case of any discrepancy, he shall issue a notice to the said person in FORM GST ASMT-10, informing him of such discrepancy and seeking his explanation thereto within such time, not exceeding fifteen days from the date of service of the notice, as may be specified in the notice and also quantifying the amount of tax, interest and any other amount payable in relation to such discrepancy.
(2) The registered person may accept the discrepancy mentioned in the notice issued under sub-rule (1), and pay the tax, interest and any other amount arising from such discrepancy and inform the same or furnish an explanation for the discrepancy in FORM GST ASMT-1 1 to the proper officer.
(3) Where the explanation furnished by the taxable person or the information submitted under sub-rule (2) is found to be acceptable, the proper officer shall inform the registered person accordingly in FORM GST ASMT-12.
3. Assessment in certain cases.
(1) The order of assessment made under sub-section (1) of section 62 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-13.
(2) The proper officer shall issue a notice to an unregistered taxable person in accordance with the provisions of section 63 in FORM GST ASMT-14 containing the grounds on which the assessment is proposed to be made on best judgment basis and after allowing a time of fifteen days to such person to furnish his reply, if any, pass an order in FORM GST ASMT-
(3) The order of summary assessment under sub-section (1) of section 64 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-16.
(4) The person referred to in sub-section (2) of section 64 may file an application for withdrawal of the summary assessment order in FORM GST ASMT–17.
(5) The order of withdrawal or, as the case may be, rejection of the application under sub-section (2) of section 64 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-18.
(1) The period of audit to be conducted under sub-section (1) of section 65 shall be a financial year or multiples thereof.
(2) Where it is decided to undertake the audit of a registered person in accordance with the provisions of section 65, the proper officer shall issue a notice in FORM GST ADT-01 within the time specified in sub-section (3) of the said section.
(3) The proper officer authorised to conduct audit of the records and books of account of the registered person shall, with the assistance of the team of officers and officials accompanying him, verify the documents on the basis of which the books of account are maintained and the returns and statements furnished under the Act and the rules made thereunder, the correctness of the turnover, exemptions and deductions claimed, the rate of tax applied in respect of supply of goods or services or both, the input tax credit availed and utilized, refund claimed, and other relevant issues and record the observations in his audit
(4) The proper officer may inform the registered person of the discrepancies, if any, noticed as observations of the audit and the said person may file his reply and the proper officer shall finalise the findings of the audit after due consideration of the reply furnished.
(5) On conclusion of the audit, the proper officer shall inform the findings of audit to the registered person in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (6) of section 65 in FORM GST ADT-02.
5. Special Audit
(1) Where special audit is required to be conducted under section 66, the officer referred to in the said section shall issue a direction in FORM GST ADT-03 to the registered person to get his records audited by the chartered accountant or cost accountant specified in the said direction.
(2) On conclusion of special audit, the registered person shall be informed of the findings of special audit in FORM GST ADT-04.