FSSAI License Fees in India
Food Business Operators who are involved in the small-scale food business have to obtain FSSAI Registration. The businesses that needs to obtain the FSSAI Registration are as follows:
(1) Any person who sells or manufactures food materials all by himself.
(2) Any person except a caterer who distributes food materials at any religious or social gathering.
(3) Any small retainer who deals in food products.
(4) A temporary stall holder who is involved in food sale.
(5) Small-scale or cottage industries involved in food business.
(6) A small-scale food business operator with a food production capacity (except for milk and meat) of up to 100 kg/ltr per day.
(7) Any food business operator who has a slaughtering capacity of 2 large animals or 10 small animals or 50 poultry birds per day.
(8) Any food business operator who is involved in the procurement, handling and collection of milk up to 500 ltr per day.
The eligible Food Business Operators who should obtain the state licensing fees are businesses related to food storage, retailers of food products, marketers related to food products and food product distributors. The state authorities located in a state issues state license.
(1) The FSSAI License fees for 4 Stars Hotel is Rs. 5000.
(2) A manufacturer and miller who produces 501 to 2500 MT of milk solids per annum, has upto 10,001 to 50,000 LPD of milk or has a production of above 1MT per day has to pay an amount of Rs. 5000 as a fee for FSSAI License.
(3) A manufacture or miller who produces below 1 MT of milk, or 501 to 10,000 LPD of milk, or 2.5 MP to 500 MT of milk solids per annum has to pay the FSSAI License fees amounting to Rs. 3000.
(4) The FSSAI License cost or fees is Rs. 2000 for food business vendors and other food business operators that include clubs, restaurant/boarding houses etc that serves food.
(5) The FSSAI License cost or fees is Rs. 2000 for food businesses operators serving food including canteens in schools, colleges, institutions and offices, caterers and banquet halls with food catering arrangements.
(6) The FSSAI License cost for renewal will depend upon the number of years selected.
(7) The Food License cost for a duplicate license will be 10% of the applicable license fees.
A FSSAI License has to be obtained by manufacturers, entrepreneurs, food business operators involved in the Central Government Agency, ports and food business operators connected to the airport. The Regional Offices issues FSSAI Central License to entrepreneurs involved in food business.
The fees details of the FSSAI Central Licensing are as follows:
(1) The fees for new FSSAI Central License is Rs. 7500 which needs to be fixed annually.
(2) The FSSAI License cost for renewal has been fixed at Rs. 7500 per year.
(3) The fees for improving the FSSAI License are Rs. 7500.
Any food business operator has to understand the correct breakdown of the fees structure while planning to start a food business in India. Obtaining the FSSAI License helps the food business operators to carry out their business in an efficient manner and therefore increases accountability of the food business operators.