Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue, Tax Research Unit
Subject :- Removal of tariff value for polyester filament yarn – Regarding.
I am directed to refer to notification No. 36/95-CE dated 16th March, 1995 which prescribed tariff values for polyester filament yarn. Notification No. 103/95-CE dated 4th July, 1995 has been issued rescinding Notification No. 36/95-CE with effect from 4th July, 1995. Consequently all polyester filament yarn, both textured as well as non textured will now have to be assessed on the basis of the value determined in accordance with the provisions of Section 4 and not on the basis of tariff values as were prescribed in the Notification No. 36/95-CE.
2. In this context, it is requested that in respect of integrated units making PFY from the basic raw material stage, following information may kindly be furnished in respect of major deniers of polyester filament yarn (namely, 115, 126, 230, 235 deniers).
(1) the wholesale price inclusive of all duties prevailing in March 95, April 95″ May and June 95,
(2) starting from 15th July 1995, a fortnightly report may kindly be furnished giving the wholesale price inclusive of all duties including Central Excise duty charged on the basis of assessable value after the rescinding of Notification No. 36/95-CE.
(3) total quantity of PFY of the above deniers cleared, value of clearance and revenue realised.
3. In respect of independent texturising units the average excise duty being paid on textured yarn of different deniers may be furnished.
4. The information may be sent so as to reach within 7 days of the closing of the relevant fortnight to which the report relates. It is also requested that any difficulties in assessing polyester filament yarn to ad valorem duties on the basis of invoice value may be brought to the notice of the Board.
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018