Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: 13th January, 2022
1. All IEC Holders
2. All RAs of DGFT
3. All Members of Trade & Industry
Subject: Guidelines for submission of online application for One time registration for SCOMET license and Post-reporting requirements for Export of chemicals under General authorization for export of Chemicals and related equipments (GAEC) w.e.f 19.01.2022 – reg.
Reference is invited to DGFT’s Notification No. 47 dated 20.12.2021 regarding SCOMET updates 2021 and policy of General authorization for export of Chemicals and related equipments (GAEC) and Public Notice No. 45 dated 13.01.2022 regarding procedure for obtaining authorization under GAEC. Further, attention is also invited to Trade Notice No. 11 dated 26th July 2021.
2. The one time registration for obtaining General SCOMET license is required to be obtained from DGFT for export under General authorization for export of Chemicals and related equipments (GAEC) separately for each Category/Sub-Category (i.e. one general license for each 1C , 1D, 1E, 3D001 and 3D004) falling under this policy. This would provide the Exporters a Unique Authorization/License number for export of Chemicals (Under 1C, 1D, 3D001 and 3D004) to any end user in 42 specified countries and 1E chemicals to Chemical Weapon Convention (CWC) signatory parties with a validity of 5 years. All such applications for one time Registration for obtaining GAEC SCOMET license are required to be filed and submitted through DGFT’s online portal w.e.f 19.01.2022.
3. Post Reporting of export of chemicals under General authorization for export of Chemicals and related equipments (GAEC) permitted to specified countries as per DGFT’s Notification No. 47 dated 20.12.2021 is also required to be filled through DGFT online post-reporting module for exports w.e.f. 19.01.2022
4. All applicant exporters seeking GAEC authorization for SCOMET items are advised to apply online for by navigating to the DGFT website (https://www.dgft.gov.in) -> Services -> Export Management Systems -> License for SCOMET exports -> Apply for New Authorization -> Fresh export under GAEC.
5. Apply online for post-reporting for export under GAEC by navigating to the DGFT website (https://www.dgft.gov.in) -> Services -> Export Management System -> License for SCOMET exports -> Post- reporting of issued SCOMET Export Authorization
6. For any technical support and guidance on this new process, the Help manual & FAQs may be accessed on DGFT Website -> Learn -> Application Help & FAQs.
For any further assistance any of the following channels may be accessed:
I. To raise a service request ticket through the DGFT Helpdesk service under Services -> ‘Trade Helpdesk Service’
II. Call the DGFT Toll-free-Helpline number 1800-111-550
III. Send an email to the Helpdesk on [email protected]
7. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Dy. Director General of Foreign Trade
Email: [email protected]
[Issued from F. No. 01/91/180/01/AM22]