Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
1. All Regional Authorities of DGF’I’
2. All Customs Commissionerate
3. Members of Trade
Subject: Procedure for allocation of quota for export of Wheat, Wheat Flour (Atta) and Maida/Semolina on humanitarian and food security grounds, based on requests received from Government of Bhutan.
Government of India vide Notification No. 06/2015-20 dated 13.05.2022 prohibited export of wheat. Export of Wheat or Meslin Flour (Atta), Maida, Semolina (Rava/Sirgi), Wholemeal atta ad resultant atta] under HS code 1101 was prohibited vide Notification No. 30 dt. 27.08.2022.
2. The following requests from Government of Bhutan have been approved by the competent authority:-
“Export of 14,184 Metric Ton of Wheat Grain ; 5326 Metric Ton of Wheat Flour (Atta); 15,226 Metric Ton of Maida/Semolina; to Bhutan in FY 2023-24.”
3. Accordingly, applications are invited from exporters for allocation of quota. In order to maintain objectivity and transparency in allocation of the quota, the mode of allocation is decided as under:-
I. Applications may be submitted through an online portal;
II. Minimum threshold for Wheat, Wheat Flour (Atta), Maida/Semolina will be 100 MT by land transport to neighboring country.
III. Application would be allowed only if the exporter applies for quantity more than the minimum threshold.
IV. Allocation will be first made on the basis of pro-rata to average export of Wheat, Wheat Flour (Atta), Maida/Semolina to Bhutan in three years previous to FY in which the item was prohibited and quantity applied for, whichever is less subject to minimum threshold.
V. Any unutilized quantity will then be reallocated again to the eligible exporters on pro-rata basis as in point V.
4. Based on the above mode of allocation, the procedure to apply for the export authorization under approved quota is outlined as below:-
a. Exporters can apply online through DGFT’s ECOM system for Export Authorisations Non-SCOMET Restricted Items (Please refer Trade Notice No. 03/2021-22 dated 10.05.2021. There is no need to send hard copy of the application via mail or post.
b. Validity of the Export Authorisation will be till 31st March, 2024.
c. Online applications filed from 28/07/2023 to 07/08/2023 will only be considered.
d. The documents to be submitted along with the application must include the following:
i. Export data for Wheat, Wheat Flour (Atta), Maida/Semolina to Bhutan during three years previous to FY in which the item was prohibited.
5. All applicants seeking export authorization for restricted items may apply online by navigating to the DGFT website (https://www.dgft.gov.in) -> Services -> Export Management Systems -> License for Restricted Exports.
6. Deficient applications or applications received through mails or by post will not be considered.
7. The exporters who have been allocated the quota of Wheat, Wheat Flour (Atta) and Maida/Semolina will submit the ‘Landing Certificate’ within 90 days of completion of export of allocated quota.
8. In case of any mis-declaration by an applicant or any applicant failing to export the allocated quota to the respective Country(ies), within the specified time period, will be black listed for the next two financial years and action under the relevant provisions of FT (D&R) Act, 1992, as amended, shall be taken against the applicant.
This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from F. No. 01/91/171/35/AM20/E-file/Part-2/E-35458)