TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY PART II SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (ii)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE
NOTIFICATION NO. 24 (RE-98)/1997-2002.
NEW DELHI, DATED THE 14.10.98.
S.O.(E) Attention is invited to Para 4 of Notification No. 2(RE-98)/1997-2002 dated the 13th April, 1998 relating to export of plants, plant portion and their derivatives and extracts obtained from the wild.
2. In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 5 of the Foreign Trade Development & Regulation Act, 1992 ( No. 22 of 1992 ) read with Paragraph 4.1 of the Export and Import Policy 1997-2002, the Central Government hereby makes the following amendment in the Schedule 2 Appendix 2 of the book titled ” ITC(HS) classifications of Export and Import Items 1997-2002″ relating to export of plants, plant portions and thedir derivatives and extracts obtained from the wild.
i. The export of under mentioned 29 plants, Plant portions and their derivatives and extracts as such obtained from the wild except the formulations* made therefrom, is prohibited :-
1. Beddomes cycad ( Cycas beddomei ).
2. Blue vanda ( Vanda Coerulea )
3. Saussurea Costus.
4. Ladies slipper orchid ( Paphiopedilium Species ).
5. Pitcher Plant ( Nepenthes Khasiana ).
6. Red Vanda ( Renanthera imschootiana ).
7. Rauvolofia serpentina ( Sarpagandha ).
8. Ceropegia Species.
9. Frerea indica ( Shindal Mankundi ).
10. Podophyllum hexandurm ( emodi ) ( Indian Podophyllum).
11. Cyatheaceae species ( Tree Ferns ).
12. Cycadacea Species ( Cycads ).
13. Dioscorea deltoidea ( Elephant’s foot ).
14. Euphorbia Species ( Euphorbias ).
15. Orchidaceae Species ( Orchids ).
Pterocarpus Santalinus ( Redsanders ).
16. Taxus Wallichiana ( Common yew or Birmi Leaves ).
17. Aquilaria malaccensis ( Agarwood ).
18. Aconitum Species.
19. Coptis teeta.
20. Coscinium fenestrum ( Calumba wood ).
21. Dactylorhiza hatagirea.
22. Gentiana Kurroo ( Kuru, Kutki ).
23. Gnetum Species.
24. Kampheria Galenga.
25. Nardostachys grandiflora.
26. Panax Pseudoginseng.
27. Picrorhiza Kurrooa.
28. Swertia Chirata ( Charayatah ).
The term ” formulation ” used here shall include products which may contain portions/extracts of plants on the prohibited list but only in unrecognizable and physically inseparable form.
i. Plants and plant portions, derivatives and extracts of the cultivated varieties of the above plant species ( excluding Sl. No.16) will be allowed for export subject to production of a Certificate of Cultivation from the Regional Deputy Director ( Wild life ), or Chief Conservator of Forests or Divisional Forest Officers of the state concerned from where these plants and plant portions have been procured. However, in respect of the cultivated varieties of the species as covered by Appendix 1(Sl. No. 1 to 6 of paragraph 2(i ) above and Appendix 2 ( Sl. No. 7 to 18 and Sl. No. 26 & 28 ) of para 2(i) above, of CITES, a CITES permit for export will also be required.
ii. The value added formulations, as defined under sub-para (i) of paragraph 2 above, made out of imported species of plants and plant portions as specied in sub-para i) Paragraph 2 above will be allowed to be exported freely without any restriction subject to furnishing of an affidavit to the Customs authorities at the time of export that only the imported plant species as above have been used for the manufacture of value added formulations being exported.In the event of affidavit proving to be false, on the basis of random sample tests, action would be initiated against the firm under the Foreign Trade ( Development & Regulation ) Act, 1992.
iii. All formulations, herbal/Ayurvedic medicines, where the label does not mention any ingredients extracted from these prohibited plants shall be freely exportable without the requirement of any certification from any authorities what soever.
iv. Export allowed only through the ports of Mumbai, Calcutta, Cochin, Delhi, Chennai, Tuticorin and Amritsar.”
2. This issues in public interest.
( N. L. LAKHANPAL )
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
Copy to all concerned
By orders etc.
( P. C. TRIPATHI)
JT . DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
FOR DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
( F. No. 53/5/97-P.C.III )