OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS NS- II
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA-SHEVA, RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400 707
Phone No: 022-27244714
F. No.: S/12-Gen-Misc-82/2015- 16/DBK/NS-II
Subject:- Monitoring of realisation of export proceeds on shipping bills on which drawback has been claimed & disbursed-reg.
Attention of exporters, custom brokers and export promotion councils is invited to the fact that w.e.f. 01.04.2014 monitoring of realisation of export proceeds is required to be done online from the RBI-BRC module.
2. It has been observed that, in respect of 96460 shipping bills involving drawback amount of Rs. 678 crore, foreign exchange realisation is shown as pending in the RBI-BRC module for export shipments from 01.04.2014 till 31.12.2014. As per Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999, the foreign exchange realisation should happen within 9 months from the date of export, unless the period is extended by the RBI. Beyond this period, the drawback disbursed becomes recoverable alongwith interest.
3. The list of 96460 shipping bills, mentioned above, is available on the website http://jawaharcustoms.gov.in. The lists for subsequent periods will also be uploaded in due course. The exporters are advised to follow up with their authorised dealer bank for updating the export proceeds realisation details in the respective banks EDPMS system so that the data is transmitted to customs for reconciliation, failing which suitable alerts shall be placed against the defaulting exporters and show cause notices shall be issued for recovery of drawback disbursed alongwith interest. Any difficulties faced in this regard may be brought to the notice of the Deputy Commissioner of Customs in-charge of Export Proceeds Realisation Monitoring Cell, Drawback Section, N.S.-II immediately. The e-mail of the cell is [email protected].
Commissioner of Customs, NS-II,
JNCH, Nhava Sheva
1. The Principal Chief Commissioner of Customs, Zone-I & II
2. The Principal Commissioner of Customs (Gen.) & II
3. The Commissioner of Customs I/III/IV/V
4. All Additional/ Joint/ Assistant Commissioner, JNCH
5. Appraising Main (Imp) & (Exp) and PSO, JNCH
7. Office copy
8. FIFO, BCHAA, Mumbai for wide circulation among their members.