Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Exports from the Manufacturing Sector
Posted On: 19 MAR 2021
Major commodity-group wise data on merchandise exports in last five years is at Annexure.
The Government has taken the following key steps to boost exports:
1. The mid-term review of the current Foreign Trade Policy (2015-20) was carried out in December 2017.
2. Foreign Trade Policy (2015-20) extended by one year i.e. upto 31-3-2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
3. Interest Equalization Scheme on pre and post shipment rupee export credit has also been extended by one year i.e. upto 31-3-2021.
4. A new Scheme, Remission of Duties and Taxes on Exported Products (RoDTEP), has been launched.
5. Common Digital Platform for Certificate of Origin has been launched to facilitate trade and increase FTA utilization by exporters.
6. A comprehensive “Agriculture Export Policy” to provide an impetus to agricultural exports related to agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry, fisheries and food processing sectors, is under implementation.
7. Promoting and diversifying services exports by pursuing specific action plans for the 12 Champion Services Sectors.
8. Promoting districts as export hubs by identifying products with export potential in each district, addressing bottlenecks for exporting these products and supporting local exporters/manufacturers to generate employment in the district.
9. Active role of Indian missions abroad towards promoting India’s trade, tourism, technology and investment goals has been enhanced.
10. Package announced in light of the covid pandemic to support domestic industry through various banking and financial sector relief measures, especially for MSMEs, which constitute a major share in exports.
Value in US$ millions
|S. No||Major Commodity groups||2015-16||2016-17||2017-18||2018-19||2019-20|
|3||Gems And Jewellery||39284.27||43412.75||41544.44||40251.03||35898.48|
|4||Organic & Inorganic Chemical||13696.98||14476.87||18508.5||22379.30||22082.78|
|5||Drugs And Pharmaceuticals||16909.49||16785.01||17282.81||19146.55||20703.46|
|6||Rmg Of All Textiles||16964.36||17368.16||16706.94||16138.29||15488.06|
|8||Cotton Yarn / Fabs. / Madeups, Handloom Products Etc.||10119.36||9862.21||10260.36||11215.15||10027.73|
|9||Plastic And Linoleum||5764.18||5796.47||6851.13||8607.48||7551.55|
|12||Man-Made Yarn/Fabs./ Madeups Etc.||4621.66||4557.08||4826.33||4980.51||4821.42|
|13||Leather And Leather Manufactures||5407.84||5165.61||5289.13||5140.85||4658.48|
|14||Mica, Coal And Other Ores, Minerals Including Process||3656.04||3578.15||3776.88||4254.71||3948.40|
|15||Meat, Dairy And Poultry Products||4575.47||4368.79||4610.06||4363.72||3714.30|
|17||Ceramic Products And Glassware||1712.05||1856.61||2131.78||2649.16||2870.65|
|19||Fruits And Vegetables||2268.81||2454.72||2513.33||2540.90||2380.48|
|20||Handicrafts Excl. Hand Made Carpet||1648.00||1926.73||1823.34||1838.08||1797.85|
|21||Cereal Preparations And Miscellaneous Processed Item||1319.75||1270.84||1416.64||1555.45||1527.04|
|29||Jute Mfg. Including Floor Covering||295.36||309.94||335.08||324.93||342.61|
|India’s total export||262291.09||275852.43||303526.16||330078.09||313361.04|
Source: DGCI&S, Kolkata
This information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID: 1706029)