Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi-110 011
Trade Notice No. 11/2021-22
New Delhi, Dated 28th July, 2021
1. All IEC Holders
2. All RAs of DGFT
3. All Members of Trade & Industry
Subject: Issuance of Export Authorisation for SCOMET Items from new online Restricted Exports IT Module w.e.f. 05.08.2021- reg
Reference is invited to Trade Notice No. 20 dt. 19.02.2016 vide which a module for filing online applications for SCOMET Items to DGFT (HQ) was made operational. Further attention is invited to Trade Notice No. 20 dated 06.07.2018 where issuance of export authorisation/licence for export of SCOMET Items was informed for these to be handled at DGFT(HQ).
2. As part of IT Revamp of its exporter/importer related services, this Directorate now introduces a new online module for filing of electronic, paperless applications for Export Authorizations for SCOMET Items with effect from 05.08.2021. All applicant exporters seeking export authorization for SCOMET items are advised to apply online by navigating to the DGFT website (https://www.dgft.gov.in) -> Services -> Export Management Systems ->SCOMET.
3. Accordingly, applications for issuance of export authorization of SCOMET items as well as amendment/re-validation thereof will need to be submitted online as per the above link. The SCOMET Cell, DGFT (Hq) will continue to be nodal point for all issues relating to SCOMET and SCOMET authorizations will continue to be issued from DGFT HQ, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi through the New Online Module w.e.f. 05.08.2021.
4. The industry may note that all the existing pending applications (as on 05.08.2021) will be automatically migrated to this new system and will be processed as usual at DGFT(HQ).
5. Further the following processes will also be made available online as part of this new SCOMET Module :
(i) Authorisation for Site Visit by the foreign entity(ies) wants to the Premises of the Indian Manufacturer /exporter;
(ii) type of IEC to check production processes for SCOMET Export Items; and
(iii) Post Reporting of Export of SCOMET Items, Software/Technology in following cases :
a. Export of chemicals permitted to specified countries without authorisation
b. repair and return of imported SCOMET items after repair abroad
c. return of SCOMET items (imported /indigenous) after demo/display /exhibition/RFP/RFQ/tender etc, abroad
d. Stock and Sale
e. Global Authorisation for Intra-company Transfer (GAICT)
f. Others, if mandated in export authorisations
6. For any technical support and guidance on this new process, the Help manual & FAQs may be accessed on DGFT Website -> Learn -> Application Help & FAQs. For any further assistance any of the following channels may be accessed :
a. To raise a service request ticket through the DGFT Helpdesk service under Services -> ‘Trade Helpdesk Service’
b. Call the DGFT Toll-free-Helpline number 1800-111-550
c. Send an email to the Helpdesk on [email protected]
7. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(Sanjay Kumar Tiwari)
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
Tele No. 011-23063918
email: [email protected]
[Issued from File No. 01/91/171/37/AM10/EC(S) —Computer No. E-651