Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
1. All Exporters/Members of Trade
2. All Designated Issuing Agencies under FTAs/PTAs
Subject: Issuance of Preferential Certificate of Origin for India’s exports to Thailand under ASEAN-India FTA
Reference is invited to Trade Notice No. 12/2020-2021 dated 22.05.2020 and subsequent Trade Notice No. 15/2020-2021 dated 21.06.2020, regarding issuance of CoO for India’s exports under ASEAN-India FTA.
2. It is informed that w.e.f. 01.08.2020, the CoO applications for exports from India to Thailand under ASEAN-India FTA should be submitted through the e-COO Platform by the exporters to the designated issuing agencies i.e. EIA, MPEDA and Textile Committee. No physical/manual application for a CoO would need to be submitted from this date. However, manual applications submitted prior to the given date may be processed and CoOs issued by the designated agencies.
3. In line with the CoOs issued for other ASEAN Countries, the e-CoO platform will generate one additional copy i.e. electronic copy along with the set of 4 copies. The electronic copy shall bear the image signature of the officer and stamp of the issuing agency. The exporter may however get the set of printed certificates (in quadruplicate) duly ink-signed by the officer along with the stamp from the designated issuing office, by post or in person, for submission to the Thai authorities.
4. This issues with the approval of the Competent authorities.
[Md. Moin Afaque]
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/02/82/AM-19/EDI)