Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
All Exporters/Members of Trade
All Designated Issuing Agencies under FTAs/PTAs
Subject: Electronic filing and Issuance of Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) for India’s Exports under India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (India-UAE CEPA) w.e.f. 01st May 2022
In continuation to the earlier Trade Notice(s) 34/2015-2020 dated 19.09.2019, 41/2019-2020 dated 12.12.2020, 53/2019-2020 dated 02.03.2020, 01/2020-2021 dated 07.04.2020, 30/2020-2021 dated 13.10.2020, 43/2015-2020 dated 23.02.2021 and 01/2021-22 dated 01.04.2022, it is informed that the electronic platform for Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) is being expanded further to facilitate electronic application of Preferential Certificates of Origin under the India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement.
2. The Preferential Certificate of Origin for Exports to UAE under India-UAE CECPA shall be issued from the CoO e-platform with effect from 01st May 2022.
3. It is informed that applications under the above-mentioned Trade Agreement may be submitted on the eCoO Website (https://coo.dgft.gov.in). The eCoO generated shall bear the image signature of the officer and stamp of the issuing agency. The eCoO shall also bear a Quick-Response(QR) code for electronic verification and authenticity of eCoO so issued. The authenticity of the eCoO may additionally be verified by keying in the Certificate Number on the ‘Verify Certificate’ link on the eCoO Website.
4. On issue, the e-CoO system shall generate an original copy and a duplicate copy besides the electronic copy. Accordingly, paper copies of the eCoO may also be collected by post or in person, from the concerned issuing agency, after necessary ink-signatures/stamping, if required.
5. The concerned Indian Exporters may please take note of the following points with regard to the process being notified herewith:
6. For further guidance on registration and application submission, the Help manual & FAQs may be accessed on the landing page at https://coo.dgft.gov.in. For any further assistance you may utilize any of the following channels —
Website — > Services — >DGFT Helpdesk Service
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
(Md. Moin Afaque)
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/02/82/AM-19/EDI[E- 14047])