OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-Gen)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA, TALUKA: URAN,
DISTRICT: RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400707.
F.No. S/12-Gen-38/2015-16 AM (X) Pt I
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 184/2017
Sub: Clarification in respect of “part delivery” where OOC is obtained at DPD/RMS Facilitation Centre at JNCH – Reg
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, General Trade, Port Terminal Operators, Shipping Lines / Shipping Agents, CFSs coming under the jurisdiction of JNCH, Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited to the Public Notice No. 160/2016 dated 29.11.2016 on the above-cited subject matter. Vide this Public Notice as a measure of trade Facilitation and ‘Ease of doing Business’ a dedicated “RMS Facilitation Centre” has been created at JNCH, Nhava Sheva. The main function of this “RMS Facilitation Centre” is to give Out of Charge of RMS Facilitated Bills of Entry of all Commissionerates under JNCH.
2. Of late, clarification was sought by the trade representatives that after obtaining Out of Charge at RMS facilitation Centre, in case of part delivery, still do importer require to take permission from Customs? If yes from whom? The issue was examined and it is clarified that permission for part delivery is required from Customs. Further, RMS Facilitation center does not have any access or physical control over the CFS(Container Freight Station). Hence, the permission for part delivery of cargo (other than DPD) will be permitted by AC/DC/Docks in charge of the concerned CFS.
Commissioner of Customs
NS (Gen), JNCH
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone II.
2. The Pr. Commissioner of Customs NS I
3. The Commissioners of Customs, NS-Gen, II, III, IV & V
4. All the Additional/Joint Commissioners of Customs, NS-Gen, I, II, III, IV & V
5. All the Dy. /Assistant Commissioners of Customs, NS-Gen, II, IV
6. Notice Board and website.