MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, FOREST AND CLIMATE CHANGE
New Delhi, the 18th March, 2016
G.S.R. 320(E).―Whereas the Plastic Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011 published vide notification number S.O 249(E), dated 4th February, 2011 by the Government of India in the erstwhile Ministry of Environment and Forests, as amended from time to time, provided a regulatory frame work for management of plastic waste generated in the country;
And whereas, to implement these rules more effectively and to give thrust on plastic waste minimization, source segregation, recycling, involving waste pickers, recyclers and waste processors in collection of plastic waste fraction either from households or any other source of its generation or intermediate material recovery facility and adopt polluter’s pay principle for the sustainability of the waste management system, the Central Government reviewed the existing rules;
And whereas, in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 6, 8 and 25 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 (29 of 1986), the draft rules, namely, the Plastic Waste Management, Rules, 2015 were published by the Government of India in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change vide number G.S.R. 423(E), dated the 25th May, 2015 in the Gazette of India, inviting objections and suggestions from all persons likely to be affected thereby, before the expiry of a period of sixty days from the date on which copies of the Gazette containing the said notification were made available to the public;
And Whereas copies of the said Gazette were made available to the public on the 25th May, 2015;
And Whereas the objections and suggestions received within the said period from the public in respect of the said draft rules have been duly considered by the Central Government;
NOW, Therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 3, 6 and 25 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 (29 of 1986), and in supersession of the Plastic Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules shall be called the Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in these rules, they shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Application.-(1) These rules shall apply to every waste generator, local body, Gram Panchayat, manufacturer, Importers and producer.
(2) The rule 4 shall not apply to the export oriented units or units in special economic zones, notified by the Central Government, manufacturing their products against an order for export: Provide this exemption shall not apply to units engaged in packaging of gutkha, tobacco and pan masala and also to any surplus or rejects, left over products and the like.
3. Definitions.- In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires.-
(a) “Act” means the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 (29 of 1986);
(b) “brand owner” means a person or company who sells any commodity under a registered brand label.
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018