Following License are Required for Starting a Food Restaurant / Cafe in India.
1. Food Safety License from FSSAI (refer website https://archive.fssai.gov.in/home).
2. Health / Trade License.
3. Eating House License (https://www.kmcgov.in/KMCPortal/KMCPortalLicensePaymentAction.do) refer serial no.76
4. Environmental Clearance (http://environmentclearance.nic.in/state_portal1.aspx)
5. NOC (No Objection Certificate) from Fire Department.
6. Signage License (Signage License from Municipal Corporation or some local authority for legally being able to use posters, graphics and paintings to market your restaurant in the nearby area.).
7. Liquor License L-4 (L-17 according to new excise rule).
8. Playing of Music in Restaurants. (It is issued by Phonographic Performance Limited (PPL).
9. Life License.
10. Insurance – Public Liability, Product Liability, Fire Policy, Building & Asset.
11. Shop and Establishment License (Shop and Establishment Act – Check).
12. Nominations under PFA Act 1954 Section 17 (2) and rule 12 B of the rules 1955. (Check the no. employee applicable or not)Note License/ Certificate can applied for a maximum period of 5 years.
Documents required for FSSAI License
- Valid Email Id
- Id proof and Address Proof
- Phone Number
- Kitchen Layout plan
- List of Food categories
- Declaration of food safety Management Plan
Documents required for Trade License / Health License
- Copy of PAN Card of Partners/Sole-Proprietor
- Copy of Partnership Deed, if applicable
- Copy of Registration Certificate
- Rent Agreements, NOC (No Objection Certificate) from landlord
- Ownership Deed, Property Tax Receipt
- Copy of Power and Water Bills
- Water Testing Reports
- Copy of Plan of the Premises
- Proof of Property Tax
Documents required for Eating House License
- Documents to prove the legal occupancy of the place of Eating House and in the case of tenancy, NOC from the landlord.
- Site Plan containing details of the size of Eating House
- Photographs of the place showing its usage as an Eating House
- Photocopy of Valid NDMC/MCD/DCB/Airport Authority of India trade license and free receipt.
- Residence proof of the applicant
- An affidavit on the stamp paper of Rs.10 duly attested by Notary Public
- Fire NOC, if the seating capacity of the eating house is 50 or more
Documents required for Liquor License
- Trade License from the Local authority
- Documentary proof regarding the legal status of the restaurant or the hotel, that is, whether it is a company, partnership firm or any other type of setup
- Proof for whether the restaurant or the hotel is in legal possession of the plot
- A certificate that validates the completion of the restaurant or the hotel building
- Certificate of registration of eating house license
- Documentary proof regarding applicant being an Income Tax Assessment and Sales Tax-Assessment
- NOC from the state Fire Service
- Copy of Pan
- Document of VAT (VAT NO.)
- Document OF GST (GST No.)
For West Bengal
Documents for Registration Certificate