MINISTRY OF WOMEN AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT
New Delhi, the 22nd February, 2017
S.O. 620(E).––Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly to them in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And, whereas, the Ministry of Women and Child Development in the Government of India is administering the centrally sponsored Integrated Child Protection Scheme (hereinafter refer to as the Scheme) for children in difficult circumstances and the Scheme aims at creating safety net of service delivery structures at national, State and District level and to put in place a cadre of trained personnel working exclusively on Child Protection and the Scheme provides a range of need based services for each child by bringing together existing initiatives and introducing new measures based on pre-defined and enhanced cost norms and the objectives of the Scheme are to (i) provide safe and secure environment for children in conflict with law, and children in need of care and protection; (ii) reduce vulnerabilities through a wide range of social protection measures (iii) prevent actions that lead to abuse, neglect, exploitation, abandonment and separation of children from families etc.; and (iv) bring focus on non-institutional care;
And, whereas, the Scheme provides for hiring of contractual staff at the State and District level, and the remuneration of the staff is funded on a pre-defined cost sharing pattern between the Centre and State Government or Union territory Administrations, and which involves recurring expenditure from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:-
1. (1) Any individual receiving remuneration under Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual receiving remuneration under Scheme who does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar is hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per Section 3 of the said Act by 3 1st March, 2017 and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Women and Child Development Department in the State Governments and Union territory Administrations in charge of implementing the scheme is required to enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of Unique Identification Authority of India or by becoming Unique Identification Authority of India Registrar;
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the staff working under the Scheme, remuneration shall be given to such individual subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:––
(a) (i) if he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2 below; and
(b) Any of the following documents, namely:––
(i) Bank photo passbook; or (ii) Voter ID Card; or (iii) Ration Card; or (iv) Kishan Photo Passbook; or (v) Passport; or (vi) Driving License; or (vii) PAN Card; or (viii) MGNREGS Job Card; or (ix) Employee Photo Identity Card issued by the Government or Public Sector Undertakings; or (x) Any other Photo Identity Card issued by State Government or Union territory Administration; or (xi) Certificate of identity with photograph issued by any Gazetted Officer on an official letter head; or (xii) any other document specified by the State Government or Union territory Administration.
2. (1) In order to provide convenient and hassle free enrolment for Aadhaar, the State Governments and Union territory Administrations shall issue necessary instructions and make such arrangements as may be necessary through the Offices of Child Development Project Officers and Supervisors for awareness of the staff working under the Scheme about the necessity of enrolment for Aadhaar and details of facilities made for Aadhaar enrolment.
(2) In case the staff working under Scheme are not able to enroll due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the Block or Tehsil or Taluka, the Women and Child Development Department in the State Governments and Union territory Administrations in charge of implementing the scheme is required to create enrolment facilities for Aadhaar at convenient locations and the staff working under Scheme may register their request for enrolment by giving their name, address, mobile number and other details as specified in the proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the Child Development Project Officer.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all States and Union territories except the State of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. 14-10/2016-CW-II]
RASHMI SAXENA SAHNI, Jt. Secy.
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018