PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
B-14/A, Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhawan,
Qutab Institutional Area,
Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi- 110016.
Ph : 011-26517501
Fax : 011-26517507
Website : www.pfrda.org.in
Date: 26th December 2017
All APY- Service Providers
Sub: Aadhaar seeding and authentication in Atal Pension Yoiana
Dear Madam / Sir,
Reference is invited to various meetings held with DFS and APY-SP with reference to Aadhaar seeding and authentication in Atal Pension Yojana Accounts. The latest meeting was held as on 28-11-2017 wherein officials of Punjab National Bank, Punjab and Sind Bank. Bank of Baroda and Oriental Bank of Commerce had participated.
In this context it is mentioned that APY Subscriber Registration Form has been suitably modified to obtain the consent of the subscriber for Aadhar seeding and subsequent authentication.
All APY- Service Providers are informed to obtain the revised consent form with effect from I” January 2018 and to capture the details as per the revised form. All such Aadhaar information as submitted by the subscribers who are customers of the respective APY-SP needs to be uploaded into CRA system after due authentication at their end.
It is reiterated that APY has already been notified under section 7 of the Aadhaar Act and as per the provisions of the act any individual who is eligible to receive benefits under APY will have to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo enrollment under Aadhaar authentication. However, the provisions of the said notification is not applicable to the States viz Assam, Jammu & Kashmir and Meghalaya. The copy of notification is enclosed for ready reference.
For existing subscribers, APY-SPs need to obtain consent form as attached for the purpose of aadhaar seeding/ validation in their APY Accounts. For any further queries, kindly write to email@example.com.
K Mohan Gandhi
Deputy General Manager
End: A/a (Copy of Section 7 Notification, Revised Consent forms for new enrollment and existing subscribers)
Copy to :
1. Director, PR section, DFS
2. Mr Prasenjit Mukherjee, Vice President, NSDL
3. Mr. Sandeep Shah, Manager, UIDAI
REGD. NO. D. L.-33004/99
The Gazette of India
PART II—Section 3—Sub-section (ii)
NEW DELHI, THURSDAY, MAY 11, 2017/VAISAKHA 21, 1939
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Financial Services)
New Delhi, the 11th May, 2017
S.O. 1512(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Department of Financial Services (hereinafter referred to as the Department), Ministry of Finance in the Government of India is administering the Scheme of Atal Pension Yojana (APY) (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) as notified under Gazette Notification dated the 16th October, 2015 and as amended vide notifications dated the 19th January, 2016 and 22nd March, 2016 for its subscribers (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiaries). The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) (hereinafter referred to as the Regulator) regulates and lays down the procedure for identification of the beneficiaries under the Scheme. The Scheme is implemented through the Regulators’ Offices and branches of the Banks and Post offices (hereinafter referred to as the Intermediaries);
And whereas, the Central Government guarantees the minimum monthly pension and makes its co-contribution (hereinafter referred to as the benefits) for the eligible beneficiaries for which the expenditure is incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:—
1. (1) An individual eligible for receiving the benefits under the Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual desirous of availing or receiving benefits under the Scheme but does not possess the Aadhaar number or, has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, is hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrollment by 15th June, 2017 provided she or he is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of the said Act and such individuals shall visit any Aadhaar enrollment center (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of Aadhaar (Enrollment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Regulator through its offices and the Intermediaries, which requires an individual to furnish Aadhaar, is required to offer Aadhaar enrollment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrollment center located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Regulator through its offices and the Intermediaries is required to provide Aadhaar enrollment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by becoming UIDAI Registrar themselves:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such individuals, subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:–
(a) (i) if she or he has enrolled, her or his Aadhaar Enrollment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of her or his request made for Aadhaar enrollment, as specified in sub-paragraph (b) of paragraph 2 below; and
(b) (i) Bank or Post office Passbook with Photo; or (ii) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card; or (iii) Passport; or (iv) Ration Card; or (v) Employee Government ID Card; or (vi) Voter Identity Card; or (vii) MGNREGS card; or (viii) Kisan Photo passbook; or (ix) Driving license issued by Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or (x) Certificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (xi) Any other document as specified by the Regulator;
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Regulator for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits to the beneficiaries under the Scheme, the Regulator through its Offices and the Intermediaries shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:—
(a) Wide publicity through media and individual notices shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrollment centers available in their areas by 15th June, 2017, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrollment centers (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) shall be made available to them.
(b) In case, the beneficiaries of the Scheme are not able to enroll for Aadhaar due to non-availability of enrollment centers in the near vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Regulator through its offices and the Intermediaries are required to create Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may be requested to register their requests for Aadhaar enrollment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the concerned official of the Regulator or the Intermediary or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all States and Union territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. 11/14/2016-PR]
SUCHINDRA MISRA, Jt. Secy.