Government of India
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
Transport Bhawan, 1, Parliament Street, New Delhi-110001
Dated the, 29 January, 2021
Sub: Order for using Aadhaar number for authentication purpose and to provide contact less service in transport sector.
Ministry is of the opinion that persons are facing difficulties in respect of availing various services related to driving licence and registration certificate especially during these COVID-19 pandemic. In view of the above, Ministry has decided to provide certain services online with the help of Aadhaar number as per Order attached.
2. The comments or suggestions if any, may be sent to Director (MVL), Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Transport Bhawan, Parliament Street, New Dethi110001 or email at [email protected] with in 15 days.
(Dr. Piyush Jain)
Email: [email protected]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF ROAD TRANSPORT AND HIGHWAYS
New Delhi, 29 January, 2021
S.0………….. (E)- Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables applicants to get their work done directly in a convenient seamless manner, and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And as per Rule 3 of Aadhaar Authentication for Good Governance (Social Welfare, Innovation, Knowledge) Rules, 2020, The Central Government may allow Aadhaar authentication on a voluntary basis by requesting entities, in the interest of good governance, promoting ease of living of residents and enabling better access to services for them;
And as per approval received from the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, vide 0.M 13(2)/2020-EG-I1 (Vol. II) dated 04.11.2020, the Ministry of Road Transport a Highways, Government of India, for the purpose of usage of digital platforms to ensure good governance, hereby notifies the following, namely: —
1. Any individual desirous of availing various contactless services mentioned in para (3), through the portal, is required to undergo Aadhaar authentication;
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits of contactless services shall be given to such individual subject to the production of Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free services to the citizen, the Ministry shall make all the required arrangements for wide publicity through media and individual notices to make citizens aware of the requirements of Aadhaar for availing contactless services through implementing agencies.
3. The contactless services for which a citizen requires to undergo Aadhaar authentication are as under: –
|a.||Learner’ S License|
|b.||Renewal of Driving License|
|c.||Duplicate Driving License|
|d.||hange of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration|
|e.||‘Issue of International Driving Permit|
|f.||Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License|
|g.||Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicle|
|h.||Application for Registration of motor vehicle with fully buitt body|
|i.||Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration|
|k.||Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration|
|l.||Notice of Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle|
|m.||Application for Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle|
|n.||intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration|
|o.||Application for registration for driver training from Accredited —|
|p.||Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer|
|q.||Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of motor vehicle Of Diplomatic Officer|
4. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
[F. No. RT-11036/27/2017-MVL]
AMIT VARADAN, Jt. Secy.