The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is the only recognized professional body in India to develop and regulate the profession of Company Secretaries in India. It is a premier national professional body set up under an act of Parliament, the Company Secretaries Act, 1980. ICSI functions under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. The Institute provides top-quality education to the students of Company Secretaries (CS) Course and best quality set standards to CS Members. At present, there are more than 62,000 members and around 3.5 Lakhs students on the roll of ICSI.
During the pandemic and quarantine time, just like everyone else, ICSI is ensuring that most of the seminars are now converted into webinar. The physical meetings are now converted into online meetings. However, do you know that in addition to various initiatives, ICSI website contains so many useful information/data which we need in our day to day life but we never access it from the ICSI website?
In this article, we have tried to list down few of such amazing content on www.icsi.edu website which you should check out.
For Practicing Company Secretary
1. A whole ICSI page dedicated to the Practising Company Secretary “ICSI PCS PORTAL” https://pcs.icsi.edu/ containing guidelines on attestation services, certification services, peer review board, quires related to COP, guidelines on Dress code for PCS, etc.
2. PCS skill directory with various areas of Practice for PCS along with state wise distribution of the fields with a list of Qualified CS working under the fields.
3. Complete list of services that can be rendered by a PCS according to the council https://www.icsi.edu/member/cs-practice/csservices/
4. FAQs on Programme Credit Hours for PCS and members, Peer Review and guideline for Advertisement of Practising Company Secretaries.
5. One stop solution for UDIN- FAQs, guidelines and login for generation of UDIN for clear and better understanding.
For all Members
1. Various Insurances policies explained on one single window by clicking on the link http://22.214.171.124/icsi/
2. Member e-lbrary – ICSI is providing the subscription of CLAonline to its members on complimentary basis. This is to equip the members with knowledge resource tools. The institute is sure that this is going to help the members in their professional endeavor. https://claonline.in/icsi/register.aspx
3. Chartered Secretary – The Chartered Secretary is one of the leading Corporate Journal circulated to all the Members. However, eCopy of such journal is available at free of cost to any user and the same can be accessed by simply clicking following link: https://www.icsi.edu/journals-bulletins/chartered-secretary/
1. Video lecture for Class Room Teaching: Recording of Video lectures has been initiated for providing Class Room Teaching to Students on key Subjects/Important Topics pertaining to CS. The video lectures are being uploaded at LMS (e-learning) platform of the Institute. The students of Commerce, Management and law colleges are also invited in these sessions to create awareness amongst them regarding CS Course and to further elevate brand ICSI. During February, one session was organised on 13th February 2020 on the topic “Introduction of Company Law”.
2. Study material for Executive and Professional Programme.
3. Student Company Secretary e-journal –e-journal for Executive/ Professional programme students of ICSI and CS Foundation course e-journal for Foundation programme students of ICSI have been made available e on the Academic corner of the Institute’s website at the link: https://www.icsi. edu/e-journals/
4. Subject wise Monthly Updates: In order to educate the students on real time basis ICSI has introduced subject wise chapter wise monthly update, covering recent regulatory and other developments. The students can access the subject wise monthly updates on Academic portal at the link: https://www.icsi.edu/student/subjectwisemonthly-updates/
5. Uploading of Guideline answers on the Academic portal: The Guideline answers having the past session questions and solutions which were earlier available on payment basis have now been uploaded on the ICSI Academic portal downloadable free of cost. Students can access Guideline answers year wise and module wise from June, 2015 – December, 2019 at https://www.icsi.edu/student/academicportal/guideline-answers/.
6. MOU with GurukulOnline Learning Solutions (GOLS) to provide quality education through Internet- In order to facilitate ICSI registered students, eLearning portal is available for Foundation, Executive and Professional Program. Students throughout the country including rural and semi urban from other countries can avail this 24×7 hours online study facility as the portal has global reach. After the proposed virtual classroom facility under eLearning portal. Student will be able to interact live with the faculty
7. You can also access the e-learning platform on your Mobile sets, through a dedicated App called “mTOP”. It is available for both Android and IOS devices. To download and install mTop on your mobile sets please visit the following link:
Android Users https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tcs.mobile.mtop&hl=en
IOS Users https://apps.apple.com/in/app/mtop/id1239667765
8. Now an automated portal is launched http://stimulate.icsi.edu/. This will ensure all training related services of student is centralized and automated. The video explaining the various services can be accessed from the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEhGbzgxWpc
Authored by CS Srushti Shah, Senior Associates, JMJA & Associates LLP.
Note: This article is mere compilation of various services/information available at ICSI website and owner no way claims any ownership of such services. This material and the information contained herein are prepared for easier reference and accessing ICSI services only.