Securities and Exchange Broad of India
Market Regulation Department – Policy
Tel: 22164465; Fax: 22164394
July 1, 2005
1.The Executive Directors/Managing Director/Administrators of All Stock Exchanges
3. Approved intermediaries under the Securities Lending Scheme, 1997.
4. Association of Mutual funds in India
5. All Registered
1. Merchant Bankers
2. Registrar to an Issue and Share Transfer Agents
3. Debenture Trustees
4. Bankers to an Issue
6. Credit Rating Agencies
7. Mutual Funds
8. Venture Capital Funds
9. Portfolio Managers
10. Collective Investment Schemes
11. Custodian of Securities
12. Investors’ Associations
13. Foreign Venture Capital Investors
14. Foreign Institutional Investors
Sub: SEBI (Central Database of Market Participants) Regulations, 2003
1. Please refer to the circulars and notifications issued on the captioned subject.
2. The Committee constituted by SEBI to examine the issues relating to obtaining Unique Identification Number (UIN) under SEBI (Central Database of Market Participants) Regulations, 2003 (MAPIN) has submitted its report which has been placed on the SEBI website for public comments.
3. We advise that pending a final view on the report, it has been decided to suspend all fresh registrations for obtaining UIN and the requirement to obtain/quote UIN under the MAPIN Regulations/Circulars with effect from July 01, 2005.
4. The stock exchanges are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of the member brokers/clearing members of the Exchange and also to disseminate the same on the website for easy access to the investors.
5. The depositories are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of the Depository Participants of the Depository and also to disseminate the same on the website.
6. This circular is being issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interest of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
V S SUNDARESAN