Section(s) Referred: 35 ,35(2A)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 25/1/1982
It is hereby notified for general information that the following scientific research programme has been approved for the period specified below for the purposes of sub-section (2A) of section 35 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, read with rule 6 of the Income-tax Rules, 1962, by the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.
1. Name of the scientific research (i) ” Care-Ear Project for the rural population ” (ii) programme : ” Effect of Noise on Hearing of Workers in Textile Industry “.
2. Sponsorer at : Sanjeevan Medical Foundation, Miraj.
3. Sponsored by : (i) Sanjeevan Medical Foundation, Miraj.
(ii) Deccan Co-operative Spinning Mills, Ichalkaranji.
(iii) Ichalkaranji Co-operative Spinning Mills, Ichalkaranji.
(iv) Kolhapur Zilha Shetkare Vinkari Sahakari Soot Girani Limited.
(v) Marathe Textile Mills, Miraj.
4. Duration of the project : Five years.
(i) Proposed date of commence- ment. 8th December, 1981.
(ii) Anticipated date of completion 7th December, 1986.
5. Total estimated expenditure : Rs. 54.75 lakhs (Rupees fifty four lakhs and seventy-five thousand only).
The approval for the project will be subject to the following conditions :—
1. That the Association will maintain a separate account of the amounts received and expenditure incurred for this research project as distinct from the other expenditure of the Sanjeevan Medical Foundation, Miraj.
2. That the Association will furnish annual returns of this scientific research project to the Council by 31st May, each year, at the latest in such form as may be laid down and intimated to them for this purpose.
3. That the Association will furnish a copy of the annual audited statement of accounts to the Council by 31st May, each year, and in addition to send a copy of it to the concerned Income-tax Commissioner.
This approval is valid up to 2-9-1982.
2. The Sanjeevan Medical Foundation, Miraj, stands approved u/s. 35(1)(ii) of the Income-tax Act, 1961, vide Ministry of Finance (Deptt. of Revenue) Notification No. 3029 (F. No. 203/56/79–ITA. II) dated 10-10-79.
[No. 4433 (F. No. 203/2/82–ITA. II)]