GOVERNMENT OF PUDUCHERRY
COMMERCIAL TAXES DEPARTMENT
Sub: CTD – HQ -GST – Migration of VAT dealers to GSTN Portal – Reg.
The Government of India is in the process of implementing the Goods and Service Tax (GST) on PAN India basis. As a precursor to the introduction of GST, provisional User ID and password for migration of dealers to GSTN portal is being communicated to the dealers who have validated their mobile number and e-mail ID.
2. The GSTN portal viz,, gst.gov.in has been formally launched on 8th November, 2016. In the first phase, dealers from the UT of Puducherry and Sikkim will be migrated to the new GST Portal from 8th to 2341 November, 2016.
3. The dealers of UT of Puducherry can enrol themselves in the GSTN Portal by using the provisional User ID and Password communicated to their mobile number by this For any clarification on the process of enrolment, they may refer to the “FAQ on GSTN Migration” and the “Video Tutorial” available in the department website http://gst.puducherry.gov.in or take the help of their jurisdictional officers of the department. Alternatively, the help desk number 0124-4688999 or e-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org of GSTN may be contacted for any clarification on enrolment.
4. The dealers, who are yet to validate their mobile number and e-mail ID are requested to do the same immediately, so as to receive the GSTN provisional User ID and Password for migration to GSTN Portal. The dealers who have already received the provisional User ID and Password are requested to enrol themselves in the GSTN Portal e., www.gst.gov.in, within the time frame allotted to the UT of Puducherry.
5. The Trade and Industries Associations are requested to impress upon their members to immediately validate the mobile number and e-mail ID and to enrol in the GSTN portal before 23rd November, 2016.
All Trade and Industries Associations,
1. All Heads of Divisions, Puducherry/KKL/Mahe/Yanam
2. The EDP Center, CTD, Puducherry …. for uploading in the department