SB Order No. 13/2022
F. No. FS-13/7/2020-FS
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
All Head of Circles/Regions
Subject: – Regarding introduction of the online account opening and closure through DOP Internet Banking for National Savings Certificates (VIII Issue) and Kisan Vikas Patra.
Madam / Sir,
During the auspicious occasion of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, the undersigned is directed to say that online account opening and closure for National Savings Certificates (VIII Issue) (NSC) and Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) have been introduced in’ DOP Internet Banking. Now users of DOP Internet Banking can open and close NSC and KVP online.
2. The option for opening and closing of National Savings Certificates (VIII Issue) Kisan Vikas Patra is available under the ‘General Services’ tab of DOP Internet Banking. Internet Banking user should follow the below prescribed procedure for opening and closure of NSC/KVP: –
(a) Procedure for opening of NSC/KVP: –
Note: – (i) Log in again to view the details of NSC opened under ‘Accounts’.
(ii) NSC will be opened in the name of DOP Internet Banking user and nominee will be same as registered in linked PO Savings Account.
(b) Procedure for Closure of NSC/KVP: –
Note: – (i) Logout and login again to view the details of NSC closed Accounts.
(ii) NSC/KVP purchased on or after 01.07.2016 (i.e. in the form of passbook) can be closed under this option.
(iii) NSC/KVP issued prior to 01.07.2016 in the form of savings certificates are to be closed at the post office concerned.
(iv) Internet Banking user should check maturity date and maturity amount in the closure screen before submitting the request. In case of KVP, if date of closure is prior to maturity date, closure will be treated as premature and closure proceeds will be as per the Scheme Rule.
3. It is requested to circulate these instructions to all post offices for information and guidance. Adequate promotion of this functionality is to be given for the benefit of POSB customers.
4. Hindi version of this SB order will be issued in due course.
5. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Asst. Director (SB-II)
Copy to: –
1. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
2. PS to Director General Postal Services.
3. PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/Member (0)/Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/Member (PLI)/Member (Tech)/AS & FA
4. Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
5. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
6. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vig) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
7. Director, RAKNPA / CGM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
8. Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
9. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
10. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
11. Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
12. All recognized Federations / Unions / Associations
13. The Under Secretary, MOF (DEA), NS-II Section, North Block, New Delhi.
14. The Joint Director & HOD, National Savings Institute, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002
15. GM. CEPT, Mysuru – for uploading the order on the India Post website.
16. ADG (OL) for information and Hindi Translation of this SB Order.
17. Guard File