GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE/ DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
CENTRAL BOARD OF EXCISE & CUSTOMS
NORTH BLOCK, NEW DELHI- 110001
Tel. : +91-11-23092628 Fax : +91-11-23092346
SPECIAL SECRETARY & MEMBER
D. O. No. 296/236/2014-CX.9 (Pt. IV)
Date: 2nd May, 2017
My dear colleagues,
As part of the “Digital India” initiative, and in view of the recommendations of the PAC (Sixteenth Lok Sabha) in their Sixty-third report on “Administration of prosecution and penalties in Central Excise and Service Tax”, I hereby take the pleasure of launching the Prosecution Management Module (PMM) – a web-based solution for efficient monitoring and administration of prosecution cases.
2. PMM is a web-based ICT solution for uploading and viewing prosecution data, and can be accessed by an authorised user through internet from anywhere and anytime at nttp://www.cbecdum.gov.in/index.aspx. Data once uploaded would be auto-populated in the three e-Registers – Prosecution Proposal Register, Prosecution Sanction Register and Complaint Register of the concerned field formations. Various reports – pre-defined as well as user-defined – can also be easily generated by PMM. It would thus facilitate data capture/ uploading, viewing of Registers, and generation of reports in a user friendly manner, with accuracy, promptness and on real-time basis. It would also facilitate digitisation of critical documents pertaining to prosecution.
3. Presently, PMM is designed to capture prosecution data pertaining to Central Excise and Service Tax Soon, it would be expanded to include Customs also. It would continue to be useful in post-GST regime, for monitoring of the prosecution cases already launched or in the process of being launched and also the new prosecution cases which may be launched under Central Excise and Service Tax in future.
4. To begin with, the field formations (Commissionerates and HQrs/Zonal Units of DGCEI) are requested to upload the legacy data i.e. the Prosecution cases where the Investigation Reports may have been issued before 1st January. 2017, and which were pending on 1st January, 2017. Current data i.e. the Prosecution cases where the Investigation Reports may have been issued on or after 1st January, 2017, would be allowed to be entered subsequently after all the legacy data have been uploaded. Notification for this would be issued in due course on the CBEC-DDM portal. A step-by-step guide to facilitate uploading of the legacy data on PMM are enclosed as Annexure-1. Same is also available on the CBEC-DDM portal.
5. The legacy data where complaints had been filed as on 1st,January, 2017 are required to be uploaded in the formats PMM-16, and the legacy data where complaints had NOT been filed as on 1st, January, 2017, are required to be uploaded in the formats PMM-17. Copies of these formats are together enclosed as Annexure-2. To facilitate uploading of data in these formats online, it would be useful if data in these formats are kept ready for uploading. It is requested that uploading of all the legacy data may be got completed by 20th May, 2017 positively.
Once all the legacy data of all the formations are uploaded, the facility for further uploading of legacy data would be disabled, and it would no longer be possible to upload such data. Therefore, all the Zonal CC/ DGCEI must ensure that all the legacy data must be uploaded during the aforesaid period. Thereafter, the facility of uploading of current data would be made available from a date which would be notified in due course on the CBEC-DDM portal.
6. CBEC-DDM portal should be regularly monitored for information relating to PMM, and all the instructions issued therein must be complied with
7. DGCEI being the Functional Owner would monitor and coordinate with the Zonal CCs to ensure time-bound uploading of all the data – both legacy data and current data relating to prosecution- on PMM.
8. For any technical difficulty in using the PMM, messages may be sent using the HELP DESK facility of the MIS on CBEC- DDM portal. A HELP DESK (Tel 011- 2605 8808; 0930 hrs to 1800 hrs on all working days) has also been set- up which can be contacted for any assistance in using the PMM. In addition, following officers may also be contacted for any difficulty:
|Akhil Kumar Khatri||Commissioner, Audit- II, Ghazizbad||0120- 2784761 09958296888||[email protected]|
|Sanjeev Kumar Mishra||Joint Commissioner, DDM||011- 29957518, 0981085490||dsi [email protected]|
9. I solicit your cooperation in making this initiative a success.
With best wishes,
Encls: Annexures-1 and 2.
All DGs/CCs, CBEC