MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
(Department of Commerce)
(DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE) PUBLIC NOTICE
Subject : Procedure / modalities for import of 1.5 Lakh MT of Moong, 4 Lakh MT of Tur and 4 Lakh MT of Urad for the fiscal year 2021–2022.
No. M-5012/300/2002/PC-2[A]/Part-IV/E-5168.—Ministry of Commerce and Industry vide Notification S.O.1266 (E) dated 19th March, 2021 has allowed import for an annual quota of 1.5 Lakh MT of Moong and 4 Lakh MT of Tur during the fiscal year 2021-22. Further, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry vide Notification S.O.1372 (E) dated 26th March, 2021 has allowed import for an annual quota of 4 Lakh MT of Urad during the fiscal year 2021-22. The Policy Condition in the above notifications lays down that the import shall be allowed to the Millers/Refiners/Traders and will be allocated equally to pre-determined numbers of applicant through an algorithm based lottery system, as per procedure to be notified by DGFT.
2. Accordingly, applications are invited online from the intending millers/refiners/traders of pulses for import of Moong, Tur, and Urad as per ANF-2 M of FTP 2015-20 of DGFT. Separate applications are required to be submitted for import of Moong, Tur and Urad. The applicant may file applications online by visiting the DGFT website → Services → Import Management System → Licence for Restricted Imports.
3. There is no requirement of sending copy of the application via e- mail or by post. Any manual application by Post/Courier or via e-mail will not be entertained.
4. Only one application against one IEC will be considered. The date of issuance of IEC of the applicant should be prior to the date of Notification for which the applicant is applying. Applicants will submit separate applications for each item.
5. The Competent Authority will decide the number of applicants amongst which the quota will be distributed, depending on the number of applications received in the matter. The algorithm based lottery system will select the applicants amongst which the quota will be distributed equally or as applied for, whichever is less.
6. The last date for submission of application is upto 1700 hours on 15th April, 2021. The total available quota will be distributed equally to pre-determined numbers of applicants through an algorithm based lottery system amongst eligible millers/refiners/ traders.
7. It may kindly be noted that annual quota of Moong , Tur and Urad for the year 2021- 22 is 1.5 Lakh MT, 4 Lakh MT, and 4 Lakh MT, respectively and will be effective from the date of allotment to 31st March 2022. Accordingly, successful applicants will have to ensure that the import consignments of Moong, Tur and Urad reach the Indian ports on or before 31.03.2022. Importers importing less than 50% of the allotted quota will be debarred from applying for allocation in the subsequent year. Request for extension of time will not be entertained.
This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
AMIT YADAV, Director General of Foreign Trade &
Ex- officio Addl. Secy.