GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
(DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE)
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
UDYOG BHAVAN, NEW DELHI
Dated 19th February,2004
POLICY CIRCULAR NO. 28 (RE-2003)/2002-2007
1. The Indian Sugar Exim Corporation Ltd., Ansal Plaza, August Kranti Marg, Andrews Ganj, New Delhi
2. All Commissioners of Customs
3. All Port Offices
Subject :- Placement of quantity of 8,000 MTs of Raw sugar from the freesale quota of 2003-2004 season (October to September) for export of Preferential Raw Cane Sugar Tariff Rate quota for the fiscal year 2004 (October 1,2003 to September 30, 2004) to USA.
Attention is invited to Paragraph 2.21.1 of Hand Book of Procedure Vol. I 2002-2007 (as amended).
2. It has been decided to allocate a quantity of 8,000 MTs of Raw sugar from the freesale portion of 2003-2004 season production (October1,2003 to September30, 2004) for export as Preferential Raw Cane Sugar Tariff Rate quota for the fiscal year 2004 (October 1,2003 to September 30, 2004) to USA and place the same at the disposal of M/s Indian Sugar Exim Corporation Ltd., New Delhi.
3. The existing procedure in respect of preferential sugar export to USA for issue of GSP certificate as well as other certification requirements if any prescribed specifically for export of sugar to USA shall continue to be followed . The Indian Sugar Exim Corporation Ltd., shall be the sole agency authorised to export raw sugar from the free sale quota to USA.
4. This issues with the approval of Director General of Foreign Trade
( A.K.SRIVASTAVA )
DY. DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE