TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY PART II
SECTION 3, SUB SECTION (ii)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
NOTIFICATION NO. 39 (RE-2008)/2004-2009
NEW DELHI, THE 16th SEPTEMBER, 2008
S.O.(E) In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 5 read with Section 3(2) of the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992 (No.22 of 1992) and also read with Para 1.3 and Para 2.1 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2004-2009, the Central Government hereby makes amendments to Notification No.93(RE-2007)/2004-2009 dated 1st April, 2008 read with Notification No. 37 (RE-2008)/2004-09 dated 3rd September, 2008 and Notification No. 38 (RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 5th September, 2008. Notification No.93 (RE-2007) dated 1st April, 2008 shall stand amended as under:-
|S. No.||Tariff Item HS Code||Unit||Item Description||Export Policy||Nature of Restriction|
1006 10 90
1006 20 00
1006 30 10
1006 30 90
1006 40 00
1006 10 10
|Non Basmati Rice
Rice of seed quality
|Prohibited except export of PUSA-1121 variety of Non-basmati rice.
Free vide Notification No.32 dated 19th August, 2008
|Export of PUSA-1121 variety of Non-basmati rice shall be allowed subject to the following conditions:
1. Grain of rice to be exported shall be more than 7 mm of length and ratio of length to breadth of the grain shall be more than 4;
2.Export allowed subject to registration of contracts with APEDA, New Delhi, prior to shipment;
3. Export permitted only if the minimum FOB price is US$ 1200 per ton or Rs. 48,000/- per ton;
4. Export will be restricted through the following ports only:-
(iv) JNPT, Mumbai
(v) Mundra, and
5. Export shall be allowed with immediate effect, out of paddy procured in KMS 2008-09.
Subject to conditions imposed vide Notification No.32 dated 19th August, 2008.
|45AA||10063020||Kg.||Basmati Rice including (Dehusked (Brown), semi-milled, milled both in either par-boiled or raw condition)||Free||1. Grain of rice to be exported shall be more than 7 mm of length and ratio of length to breadth of the grain shall be more than 3.6;
2. Exports to Russian Federation permitted subject to pre-shipment quality certification issued by Sri Ram Institute for Industrial Research or any other agency as may be notified from time to time.
3. Export permitted only if the minimum FOB price is US$ 1200 per ton or Rs.48,000/- per ton.
4. Export of Basmati Rice will be restricted through the following six ports only :
(iv) JNPT, Mumbai (as approved vide Notification No.82 dated 5.3.08.
(v) Mundra, and
(as approved vide Notification No.84 dated 17.3.08).
2. All other provisions of the Notification No.93 (RE-2007)/2004-09 dated 1st April, 2008 shall remain unchanged, and shall continue to apply.
3. This issues in public interest.
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
AND EX-OFFICIO ADDITIONAL SECRETARY TO THE GOVT. OF INDIA
(Issued from F.No.01/91/180/846/AM08/Export Cell)