MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
(Department of Commerce)
PUBLIC NOTICE No. 61/2015-2020
New Delhi, the 7th March, 2017
Subject: Harmonising MEIS Schedule in the Appendix 3B (Table-2) with ITC (HS), 2017.
No. 01/61/180/68/AM15/PC3.—TheDirectorate General of Foreign Trade has notified Indian Trade Classification (Harmonised System)- ITC(HS), 2017 in replacement of the ITC(HS), 2012 vide Notification No. 36/2015-2020 dated 17.1.2017.
2. In pursuance to the above, in exercise of powers conferred under paragraph 1.03 of the Foreign Trade Policy (2015- 2020), the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby re-notifies the MEIS Schedule, Appendix 3B (Table-2) which shows the existing HS Codes, their description and rates of MEIS applicable with corresponding 2017 HS Codes and description of goods/products. The same is available in the DGFT’s website: dgft.gov.in.
3. This is a consolidated list of all items under MEIS notified so far (Public Notice No.2 dated April 1, 2015 and subsequent expansion through PN. 27 dated July 15, PN. 28 dated July 15, PN.44 dated 29 October of 2015 and PN.6 dated May 4, PN.26 dated August 26, PN. 32 dated September 22 of 2016 and PN. 49 dated 30.12.2016) and is based on sequence of ITC(HS),
4. With consolidation of all the lists and consequent arrangement based on sequence of ITC(HS), the existing Sr. No. of items have undergone changes.
5. The MEIS Schedule as per ITC (HS), 2017 would be effective for shipments made w.e.f. 01.01.2017.
6. Effect of this Public Notice: The MEIS Schedule (Table 2 of Appendix 3B) has been harmonised with the ITC (HS), 2017 and consolidated list is published.
A. K. BHALLA,
Director General of Foreign Trade