File No 01/72/511/9/G CelI/AM-17
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
(Department of Commerce)
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan. New Delhi-11 0011
Trade Notice 14/2015-2020
Dated the 24th August, 2016
Subject: Constitution of Grievance Redressal Committee
Para 9.08 of HBP, 2015-2020 provides for a grievance committee at the level of DGFT, HQ and at the Zonal RAs for speedy redressal of grievances of trade and industry pertaining to the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) and the related procedure. Accordingly, it has been decided to constitute the above Grievance Committee at the level of HQrs and Zonal RAs. The Grievance Committee at HQ shall endeavour to meet once in every quarter and once in every month at the Zonal RAs.
The Grievance committee shall have the following terms of references:
1. To review grievance cases pending beyond reasonable time with RA/HQ for speedy disposal.
2. To review resolution of sector specific grievances brought forth by members or obtained from other sources.
3. To suggest reform in policy & procedure.
Composition of the re-constituted grievance committee will be as under:
(1) DGFT- Chairperson
(2) All Addl. DGFTs in HQ –Members
(3) All Joint DGFTs in HQ– Members
(4) Dy. DGFTs in HQ looking after Policy work- -Members
(5) President/DG, FIEO–Member
(6) Chairman/ED of AEPC, CHEMEXCIL, CAPEXIL, CLE, EEPC, EPCH, PEPC, SRTPC, GJEPC -members
(7) Any other official from a department/organisation from which grievance is received, on invitation – Special invitee
At Zonal RAs:
(1) Zonal Addl. DC-Chairperson
(2) All Addl. DGs/ Joint DGs / officers concerned in zone–Members
(3) Regional ED of FlEO–members
(4) Regional ED of AEPC, CHEMEXCIL, CAPEXIL, CLE, EEPC, EPCH, PEPC, SRTPC, GJEPC-Members
(5) Any other official from a department/organisation from which grievance is received, on invitation – Special invitee
This issues with the approval of competent Authority.
(Jay Karan Singh)
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade