GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
UDYOG BHAVAN, NEW DELHI – 110 011.
Policy Circular No. 29/2009-2014,
Dated: 31st March, 2010
Sub : Invitation for applications for Import licences for Rough Marble Blocks – Issue of quota for the financial year 2010-11 as per Policy Notified vide Notification No. 36/2009-14 dated 31-3-2010.
1. Attention is invited to DGFT Notification No. 36/2009-2014 dated 31st March, 2010 on the subject mentioned above.
2. Applications are invited for issue of import licences for rough marble blocks only for the financial year 2010-11 from the eligible applicants as per the Marble Import Policy announced vide Notification No.36/2009-2014 dated 31st March, 2010. The quota for the year shall be 3 lakh MT.
3. The applicants may submit their application, in the relevant Aayaat Niryaat Form, along with the documents prescribed under Policy Circular No. 20 dated 16.7.2008, Policy Circular No. 25 dated 8.8.2008 and Policy Circular No. 12 dated 23.10.2009. However, the time limits and relevant years mentioned in the three Policy Circulars would be modified so as to be in consonance with the Notification No. 36/2009-2014 dated 31st March, 2010. Accordingly:-
(a) The established Marble gangsaw in the Unit should be in the name of the Unit as on or prior to 23.10.2009, as certified by State Industry Department (District Industry Centre). The gang saw should also not be ‘on Lease’ from any other party. The marble gangsaw machine should have linear movement and should have minimum 60 steel blades impregnated with diamond segments and be used only for cutting marble blocks into slabs;
(b) SSI/SIA Registration Certificate should show the Unit being in operation on or prior to 31.3.2004;
(c) The list of equipments / capital goods (other than Marble gangsaw) set up by the applicant in the Unit for processing marble slabs / tiles should be prior to 31.3.2004, as per Balance Sheet as on 31.3.2004, duly certified by a Chartered Accountant;
(d) Income Tax Return for the year 2003-04 indicating processing of marble by the Unit duly certified by a Chartered Accountant;
(e) CA Certificate indicating indigenous sales turnover of marble slabs / tiles of years 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09; and
(f) A copy of Chartered Accountant certified statement of accounts, filed along with Balance Sheet to Income Tax authorities for each of the years i.e. 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09 (in order to prove the indigenous sales turnover of marble slabs / tiles of atleast Rs. 1 crore in each of the 5 years).
4. The last date for receipt of application shall be 9th April, 2010. The applications may be submitted to the concerned Regional Authority (RA) of DGFT.
5. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/89/180/Misc-06/AM 08/ PC-I A)