Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
05th July, 2019
1. RA’s of DGFT
2. Customs Commissionerates
3. Members of Trade
4. Joint Secretary (Customs), CBEC, Department of Revenue
Ministry of Commerce and Industry vide Notification S.O.No.2322 (E) dated 3rd July 2019 has increased the import quota of Pigeon Peas (Cajanus Cajan) /Toor Dal from 2 lakh MT to 4 lakh MT. In this regard, Trade Notice No.23/2019-2020 refers.
2. As per Trade Notice No. 06/2019-20 dated 16.04.2019, 2 lakh MT of Toor (Pigeon Peas) has already been allocated. For additional quantity of 2 lakh MT of Toor is to be further allocated for import during the fiscal year 2019-20.
3. Accordingly, applications are invited online from the intending millers/refiners (having own refining/processing capacity) of pulses as per ANF-2M of FTP 2015-20 to DGFT. The applicant may visit the following link: http://dgftebrc.nic.in:8090/NEGLIST/jsp/Login.jsp. Further, a copy of the application submitted online, along with requisite documents (as laid down below) and proof of fees paid may be sent by email to policy2–dgft@nicin .
(i) For each refining/processing unit, applicants shall provide self certified copy of a document issued by Central/State/District Authorities, indicating its refining/processing capacity. The certificate should be dated prior to issue of this Trade Notice.
(ii) Application fee for these applications shall be paid according to procedure as per Appendix 2K of Appendices & Aayat Niryat Forms.
(iii) Only one application against one IEC will be considered.
4. Applications will be received between 06.07.2019 to 15.07.2019.The allocation of quota for each eligible applicant shall be notified as per the decision of the EFC under Para 2.51 of the HBP, 2015-20. The EFC, while considering applications, will take into considerations inter alia, the monthly/ annual refining/processing capacity of the applicant, quantity applied for by the applicant and total number of applications received. The available quota will be distributed equally or as per the applied quantity, whichever is lower, amongst eligible applicants. DGFT reserves the right to make any changes in allocation as deemed fit at any point of time.
5. It may kindly be noted that on allocation of quota,successful applicants will have to ensure that the import consignment of Toor Dal reaches the Indian ports on or before 31.10.2019. Request for extension of time will not be entertained.
(S. P Roy)
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
(F No. M-5012/300/2002/PC-2(A) Vol.-VII/P-198)