Any person who wants to import or export any goods needs to first acquire an Importer and Exporter code (IEC) before importing or exporting such goods.
IEC is issued by Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) and can be applied online by following this simple procedure.
1. Visit https://dgft.gov.in/
2. Click on Services
3. In this section click on “IEC” and thereafter on “ Online IEC Application”
4. Enter your “PAN Number”, which will be verified with the Income Tax database.
5. Enter the Name, Date of Incorporation of your company and also the Email ID and Mobile Number for OTP Confirmation.
6. Thereafter, the Application Form will be displayed where in you need to enter the following details:
i. General Details of the business like Name, Address, Pan Number, CIN Number.
ii. Details of Authorized person like Name, Address, DIN Number.
iii. In case, the company is having any Branch Office, enter the details of the Branch office.
iv. Thereafter, the Directors and KMP’s details need to be entered along with their DIN/PAN Number.
v. Attach the following documents in the form in PDF/JPG Format:
a) Bank Certificate/ Cancelled Cheque
b) Address proof of the company e.g. lease deed, sale deed Electricity bill, Telephone Bill.
7. Payment of Fees: Application Fee is Rs.500 only and in case application is for modification in the information in the IEC, the fee is Rs.200 only which is to be paid online through Card or by Internet Banking and other prescribed modes.
8. Submission of the form and Generation of IEC Certificate: The last step Is the submission of form and downloading the IEC certificate, which will be generated simultaneously on the submission of the form.
The information provided herein is for educational purposes only and the author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content.