OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-III),
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
TALUKA: URAN, DIST: RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA, PIN-400 707.
F. No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18 AM(I) DPD Cell
Advisory Note to Public Notice No. 13/2020 dated 23.01.2020
Attention of all importers, customs brokers, general trade, port terminal operators, shipping lines / shipping agents, CFSs coming under the jurisdiction of JNCH, Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited to various Public Notices issued by this Custom House regarding ‘72 hours prior intimation’ to be given by importer for change of CFS through online DPD module.
2. The procedure for giving 72 hours prior intimation request by DPD importers for their submission/change of CFS in case of any particular consignment has been laid down in Public Notice no. 13/2020 dated 23.01.2020. However, it is observed that several importers have submitted multiple requests for change in CFS for particular consignment/ Bill of Lading.
3. It may happen due to change in CFS preference of importers, rectification of errors or multiple clicks of submission tabs. This creates request for multiple CFSs for particular bill of lading in database of DPD Portal. These multiple requests create confusion for the Shipping Lines at the time of stacking of consignments.
4. The issue has been examined and in order to resolve such issues, it is hereby instructed to all concerned that in cases of multiple requests made for change in CFS for particular bill of lading /consignments, the latest request for change of CFS shall be taken as final request.
This issues with the approval of Commissioner of Customs, NS-III, JNCH.
Joint Commissioner of Customs
DPD Cell, JNCH
1. CSLA /MANSA Association.
2. BCBA – For information and circulation among their members.
3. DC, EDI, JNCH – For uploading on JNCH website.
4. Office copy.