F. No. 451/13/2020-Cus.V
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs)
Dated the 7th September 2020
All Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of Customs,
Principal Directors General/Directors General of Customs.
Principal Commissioners/Commissioner of Customs.
In order to facilitate exports by courier and to enhance the global competitiveness of India’s exporters, Board has decided to allow the facility of Auto Let Export Order (LEO) under the Express Cargo Clearance System.
2. The facility of Auto LEO has been developed by Directorate General of Systems & Data Management and is ready for launch.
3. The Courier Shipping Bills (CSBs) filed for clearance of export goods under ECCS are subjected to Risk Management System (RMS), after the registration of the goods by the Custodian (arrival scan and weight record). The RMS either facilitates or interdicts a Courier Shipping Bill (CSB) as per risk parameters.
4. It has been decided, that export goods which are covered under CSBs, and are fully facilitated by RMS (no assessment, no examination) and cleared by customs x-ray scanning shall be automatically given LEO by the ECCS. This is expected to considerably reduce the dwell time of clearance of export shipments through courier.
4. Public Notice and Standing order, for guidance of the stakeholders and officers may please be issued.
5. Difficulty, if any, may be brought to the notice of the Board.
6. Hindi version follows.
(Dr. Swati Bhanwala)
OSD (Land Customs)