3rd Tranche of Annoucements on Rahat Budget Package Under Atma-Nirbhar Abhiyan Dated 15.05.2020
MEASURES IN SUPPORT OF AGRICULTURE
1. INR 1 lakh crore for aggregators, Farmer Producer Organisations, primary agriculture cooperation societies, and for strengthening farm gate infrastructure (cold chains, supply chains etc.).
2. INR 10,000 crore for micro food enterprises through cluster-based approach for technical upgradation to attain FSSAI food standards, build brands and marketing for reaching out the global demand along with domestic demands as well.
3. Pradhan Mantri MatsyaSampada Yojana (PMMSY) to be launched for integrated, sustainable, inclusive development of marine and inland fisheries estimating an embarkment of INR 11,000 crores for activities in marine, inland fisheries and aquaculture and an Additional INR 9000 crore embarkment for the infrastructure regarding fishing harbours, cold chains and markets.
4. National Animal Disease Control Programme for foot and mouth disease (FMD) and Brucellosis launched with total outlay of INR 13,343 crores to ensure 100% vaccination of cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat and pig population.
5. Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund of INR 15,000 crore to be set up in order to support private investment in Dairy processing and high milk production, value addition and cattle feed infrastructure.
6. INR 4,000 crore to promote Herbal Cultivation covering 10 lakh hectare in two years; corridor of medicinal plants to come up across banks of Ganga
7. scheme for infrastructure development related to beekeeping aiming to increase income for 2 lakh beekeepers with special thrust on capacity building of women.
8. Operation Greens from Tomatoes, Onion and Potatoes (TOP) to ALL fruits and vegetables (TOTAL) in which:
9. Amendment to be made in the Essential Commodities Act to enable better price realisation for farmers by attracting investments and making agriculture sector competitive.
10. Agriculture food stuffs including cereals, edible oils, oilseeds, pulses, onions and potato will be deregulated.
11. law to implement agriculture marketing reforms to provide marketing choices to farmers; law will provide adequate choices to farmer to sell produce at attractive price.
ANNOUNCEMENTS MADE IN RELATION TO FISHERIES:
1. Validity of Sanitary Import Permits (SIPs) for import of Shrimp Broodstock extended by 3 months
2. Delay in Brood stock for 1 month has been condoned
3. Rebooking of Quarantine cubicles for cancelled consignments with no additional charges
4. Verification of documents and grant of NOC for Quarantine relaxed from 7 days to 3 days
5. Registration of hatcheries expiring on 31.03.2020 extended for 3 months
6. Operations of fisheries and aquaculture relaxed
|Atma Nirbhar Bharat: Part-1: Businesses including MSMEs||Text of Press Release by FM on 13th May 2020|
|Atma Nirbhar Bharat: Part-2: Poor, including migrants and farmers||Text of Press Release by FM on 14th May 2020|
|Atma Nirbhar Bharat: Part-3 – Agriculture||Text of Press Release by FM on 15th May 2020|
|Atma Nirbhar Bharat Part-4: New Horizons of Growth||Text of Press Release by FM on 16th May 2020|
|Atma Nirbhar Bharat- Part-5: Government Reforms and Enablers||Text of Press Release by FM on 17th May 2020|