MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 26th February, 2021/Phalguna 7, 1942 (Saka)
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 25th February, 2021, and is hereby published for general information:—
THE JAMMU AND KASHMIR REORGANISATION (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2021
NO. 2 OF 2021
[25th February, 2021.]
An Act to amend the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Seventy-second Year of the Republic of India as follows:––
1. Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Act, 2021.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 7th day of January, 2021.
2. Amendment of section 13.
In section 13 of the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019(hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), after the words, figures and letter “in article 239A”, the words “or any other article containing reference to elected members of the Legislative Assembly of the State” shall be inserted.
3. Amendment of section 88.
In section 88 of the principal Act, for sub-sections (2) to (6), the following sub-sections shall be substituted, namely:––
“(2) The members of the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service and Indian Forest Service for the existing cadre of Jammu and Kashmir, shall be borne and become part of the Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union territories cadre, and all future allocations of All India Services Officers for the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union territory of Ladakh shall be made to Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union territories cadre for which necessary modifications may be made in corresponding cadre allocation rules by the Central Government.
(3) The officers so borne or allocated on Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union territories cadre shall function in accordance with the rules framed by the Central Government.”.
4. Repeal and savings.
(1) The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021 is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019 as amended by the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of the said Act as amended by this Act.
DR. G. NARAYANA RAJU,
Secretary to the Govt. of India.