India Trade Promotion Organisation(ITPO) has taken various measures to facilitate cashless transactions for the participants (including artisans from MSME, CAPART, EPCH, NMFDC) and exhibitors at the ongoing India International Trade Fair (November 14-27, 2016) at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. A set of service providers has been given access to exhibitors at IITF to offer services for cashless transactions to exhibitors/visitors. These measures include:
• Increase in number of ATM machines from 2 numbers to 14 numbers (including Mobile ATM)
• Tie-up with State Bank of India and AXIS Bank to provide sufficient number of swipe machines (POS) to exhibitors to facilitate the payment transactions by visitors through debit/credit cards.
• For small artisans and exhibitors, SBI has been tied up to open bank accounts, if needed, on site, to enable them to receive the cashless transactions through swipe machines.
• Arrangements of swipe machines at Ticket Counters i.e., at Gate 1 & 2 to facilitate sale of entry tickets.
• Paytm and Freecharge are also making arrangements to facilitate cashless transactions at IITF, Pragati Maidan through Digital Wallets.