MINISTRY OF HEAVY INDUSTRIES AND PUBLIC ENTERPRISES
(Department of Heavy Industry)
New Delhi, the 25th April, 2017
S.O. 1410(E).- Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing Multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, in the Government of India, the Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry), the Department of Heavy Industry is administering the Central Sector Scheme of incentive to the consumers for purchase of Hybrid & Electrical Vehicles under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid and) Electrical Vehicles in India (FAME- India) Scheme (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme);
And whereas, under the Scheme, demand incentive (hereinafter referred to as benefit) is provided to the customers (hereinafter referred to as beneficiaries) by the registered dealers on purchase of Hybrid or Electric Vehicles and the dealers submit their claims monthly to their respective Original Equipment Manufacturers who in turn submit their claims to the Department through National Automotive Board (NAB) (hereinafter referred to as the Implementing Agency);
And whereas, the aforesaid Scheme involves recurring expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely;
1. (1) An individual eligible for receiving the benefits under the Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual desirous of availing receiving benefits under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or, has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrolment by 30th June, 2017 in case he or she is entitled to obtain Adhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such individual may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website www.uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Department through its implementing Agency, is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department through its Implementing Agency may provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of Unique Identification Authority of India or by Department itself becoming Unique Identification Authority of India Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such individuals, subject to the production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) (i) if he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2 below; and
(b) (i) Bank passbook or Post office Passbook with photo; or
(ii) Voter ID Card issued by the Election Commission of India; or
(iii) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card; or
(iv) Passport; or
(v) Driving licence issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or
(vi) Ration Card; or
(vii) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Card or
(viii) Certificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or
(ix) Any other documents as specified by the Department;
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Department for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits to the beneficiaries under the Scheme, the Department through its Implementing Agency or Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:-
(1) wide publicity through media and individual notices to be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres available in their areas by 30th June, 2017, in case they are not yet enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) in case, the beneficiaries under the Scheme are not able to enrol for Aadhaar due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry through its Implementing Agencies are required to create Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may be requested to register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the first proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the designated official of the Ministry or through the web portal provide for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union territories Administrations except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and the State of Jammu & Kashmir.
[F. No. 7(22)/2016-NAB-II(Auto)]
BHASKAR J. MAHANTA, Jt. Secy.