What is FSSAI registration / License?
FSSAI: Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body which works under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, GOI. FSSAI Registration or License is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety. FSSAI Registration or license process needs to be followed by the Business Operators to get the Food license.
FSSAI registration: FSSAI registration is a 14-digit registration Number or a Food license number which must be printed on food packages or Displayed in Premises. This 14 digit FSSAI license number gives data about the producer’s permit or enrollment subtle elements, and the assembling state.
FSSAI registration for Dairy Units including Milk chilling units
- Dairy processing means handling, processing, manufacturing, packing, storing, distribution & transportation of milk and milk products.
- Under the Food safety and standard Act, 2006 (FSSAI act) one cannot deal in Milk and Milk products without a License.
- Further, this is meant to ensure the availability of wholesome, quality, and safe milk and milk based products for human consumption as per the scientific standards.
- Hence, every Food Business Operator dealing in Dairy Units including Milk chilling units equipped to handle or process in the country is required to be licensed/registered under the Food Safety & Standards Authority of India.
Criteria for getting license under FSSAI for dairy units
- All food businesses having an annual turnover more than Rs. 12 Lakhs are required to take a license.
- The medium food business require State License.
- The large food business require Central License.
- A State License is required if your dairy unit handles from 500 to 50,000 litres of milk per day or more than 2.5 MT to 2500 MT of Milk Solids per annum.
- A Central License is required if your dairy units, including milk chilling units are equipped to handle or process more than 50,000 litres of liquid milk/day or 2500 MT of milk solid per annum.
FSSAI Registration process
Following are the simple steps of FSSAI registration process:
Choose the type of required license:
- Firstly step is to choose the type of license or registration is required as per your business.
- If your food business is newly established then it will require FSSAI registration.
- If your food business is old then the license will be required depending on your business turnover.
Choose the type of your business:
- The next step is to decide the type of business for which you will apply for FSSAI registration / license.
- FSSAI has fixed various kind of business categories for food business operators to apply for license or registration
- Here for business related to Milk and Milk products, you need to choose the heading Dairy Units including Milk chilling units
Create a login on FSSAI site:
- Once the type of business and the kind of business has been decided, the next step would be to login to the FSSAI site.
- The applicant needs to create a user id on the FSSAI site and generate the user id and password.
Filling the FSSAI application form:
- Next after creating a login, you required to fill the form.
- There would be two forms to select from.
- Form-A for registration & Form-B for license.
- After selecting the form accordingly, fill all required fields, and choose the food code for which you are applying.
- FSSAI has categorized the food and has specified Food code for various food products.
Attach the required attachment:
- After filing up the form applicant needs to attach the required documents like applicant I’d and address proof, business address proof, FSMS declaration, Simple declaration, and many others as per the type of license.
Refer: The complete list of Documents required for FSSAI registration / License for Dairy Units including Milk chilling units
Make payment for license or registration:
After filling up the form and attaching the applicant of the documents will move on the payment page where he has to make the payment for the application which will be as per the fees per year.
Time taken to get an FSSAI registration
- A basic FSSAI License can be issued in 7-10 days.
- A State and Central license can take a time period of 30 days.
Validity of FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI licenses issued to food businesses are valid for a period of 1 to 5 years as chosen by the Food Business Operator.
- It is mandatory to apply for license renewal 30 days before the expiry of the existing license.
- Non-renewal of licenses can fetch a fine of Rs.100 per day until the renewal is done .
- Any lapse in renewal within the stipulated date can result in the old license becoming deactivated and businesses will have to apply for a fresh license.
To get your FSSAI Registration now with Ebizfiling Call on +919643203209 or mail on [email protected]