Follow Us:

Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation

(Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of lndia)

No. WSU/10(1)2013 /Changes in MAP/21475

Dated 16th November, 2016

All ACC(Zones)
All RPFC-I/Officer-in-Charge
Regional/Sub-Regional Offices

Sub: Correction in name of PF member- Delegation of powers thereof.

Ref:  HO circular No. WSU/9(1)2013/Settlement of claims/TC/ 15765 dated 02.12.2013

Sir/ Madam,

Please refer to the above said subject.

2. As per the existing instructions, correction of name of member  or  his/her father ‘s/spouse’s name is to be made on receipt of joint request of the employee as well as the employer alongwith the supporting A copy of the above said circular is enclosed for kind information.

3. Based on the suggestions received from the field offices, the issue has been reviewed and it has been decided that henceforth powers for correction of spelling mistakes in names upto two letters and change of surname in case of female employees on account of marriage shall be delegated to APFC (Accounts) . For rest of the cases,the circular dated 02.12.2013 shall continue to be in force .

This has approval of Central P.F. Commissioner.

Yours faithfully,

End: As above

(Sanjay Kumar)
RPFC – (F&A)

Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
(Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of lndia)

No.: WSU/9(1)2013/Settlement of claims/TC/15765

Dated: 2 DEC 2013

All Regional P.F. Commissioners
In-charge of the ROs/SROs

Subject:Correction In name of PF Member- Provision in Application Software.


IS  Division  has  made  a  provision  in the  Application  Software  for  correction  in the  name, Father/spouse name and Date of Birth of a Provident Fund member in the WAR release 4.27. n this regard, the correction in the name, father/spouse name of the member  is to be made only on receipt of joint request of the employee as well as the employer alongwith supporting documents. The documents may be any of the following:-

(i) PAN Card

(ii) Voters  identity Card

(iii) Passport

(iv) Driving license

(v) ESIC Identity Card

(vi) Aadhaar Card

(vii) Bank passbook copy/Post Office

(viii) Ration card

(ix) Any school/education  related certificate

(x) Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth & Death

(xi) Certificate based on the service records of the Central/State Government Organisation

(xii) Copy of electricity/water/telephone bill in the name of the claimant.

(xiii) Letter from a  recognized public authority  or  public servant verifying the  identity  and residence of the member to the satisfaction of the competent authority.

2. In all such cases, correction in the name may be approved by RPFC-II/OIC of SRO or RPFC-II (F&A) of RO, as the case may be.

3. The request for change in the date of birth of a member is to be carried out as per the guidelines issued by the Head Office vide circular No. Pension/3/8/OR/I/2005 dated 12.12.2006 (placed at ‘office orders & circulars’ at 51. No. 24 of ‘old circulars’).

4. After following the above  procedure, DA (Accounts)  shall  log into the system and carry out the corrections. The 55 (Accounts) will verify and approve the corrections made by the DA (Accounts). The process flow for executing the change is enclosed for reference.

Yours faithfully

(Sanjay  Kumar)
Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer


Join Taxguru’s Network for Latest updates on Income Tax, GST, Company Law, Corporate Laws and other related subjects.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search Post by Date
July 2024