The Board of Approval of the Special Economic Zones (SEZs) met here today to consider proposals for setting up of Special Economic Zones and also to approve other miscellaneous requests pertaining to SEZs.
Addressing the Board of Approval members, the Chairman informed that so far 571 formal approvals have been granted for setting up of SEZs out of which 348 have been notified. He further informed that over Rs. 1,28,385 crore have been invested in the Special Economic Zones during this short span of time and direct employment of the order of 4,90,358 persons has been generated in the Special Economic Zones. During the first three quarters of current financial year, total export of Rs. 1,51,786 crore approximately has been made from SEZs.
In this meeting, 10 proposals for setting up of SEZs, including one proposal for conversion of in-principle approvals in to formal approvals were considered. The Board recommended grant of three Formal Approvals and six In-Principle Approvals.
- Granite Processing Industries and other allied machinery/manufacturing industries – M/s. State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu. Limited at Bargur, Uthangarai and Pochampalli Taluk, Krishnagiri Distt., Tamil Nadu.
- FTWZ – M/s. Arshiya International Ltd. at village Bori, Taluka & Distt. Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Information Technology – M/s. Bluestar Realtors (Pvt.) Ltd., at Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala.
- Pharmaceuticals – M/s. Ozone SEZ Developers Pvt. Ltd. at Chikkaballapura, Karnataka.
- Port Based Engineering – M/s. Chowgule Port & Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd. at Village Sande Lavgan near Jaigad, Distt. Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
- Multi product – M/s. Smart World City Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd. (formerly M/s. St. John Global Industrial Park Pvt. Ltd.) at Tuticorin, Tirunelveli Distt., Tamil Nadu.
- Plastic & Plastic Products – M/s. Plastene Infrastructure Ltd. at Bhandhai, Meghapar Kunjisar, Bhachau, Kutch Distt., Gujarat.
- Port Based Multi Product SEZ – M/s. Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust at Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Strategic Manufacturing – M/s. Sri Kubera Infracon India Ltd., at Sadasivpet, Medak Distt., Andhra Pradesh.
Among other items, six proposals for grant of co-developer status were approved.
- M/s. Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority, IT/ITES at Kokapet village, Rajendranagar Mandal, R.R. District, Andhra Pradesh: M/s. C-Bay Infotech Ventures Private Limited as a co-developer.
- M/s. Dahej SEZ Limited, Multi product SEZ at Bharuch, Gujarat: M/s. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited for co-developer.
- M/s. Dr. Fresh Health Care Private Limited, IT/ITES at Gurgaon, Haryana: M/s. Dr. Fresh SEZ Phase 1 Private Limited as a co-developer
- M/s. Mahindra World City (Jaipur) Ltd, IT/ITES at Kalwara village, Tehsil Sanganer, District Jaipur, Rajasthan: M/s. Infinity Jaipur Knowledge City Pvt. Ltd. as a co-developer
- M/s. Kerala State Information Technology Infrastructure Limited, IT/ITES at Chertala Taluk, Kerala: M/s. Infoparks Kerala as a co-developer.
- M/s. Karle Infra Projects, IT/ITES SEZ at Nagawara Village, North Bangalore Taluk, Karnataka : M/s. Karle O&M Services as a co-developer.