MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
(Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade)
New Delhi, the 7th July, 2020
S.O. 2290(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 16 read with section 17 of the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 (11 of 2016), the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do in the public interest, after consulting the Bureau of Indian Standards, hereby makes the following Order, namely:-
1. Short title, commencement and application.– (1) This Order may be called the Bicycles- Retro Reflective Devices (Quality Control) Order, 2020.
(2) This order shall come into force with effect from 01.01. 2021.
(3) This order shall apply to goods or articles specified in column (1) of the Table 1 and Table 2, but nothing herein shall apply to said goods or articles meant for export.
2. Conformity to Standard and Compulsory use of Standard Mark.- Goods or articles specified in the column (1) of the Table 1 shall conform to the corresponding Indian Standard mentioned in the column (2) of the said Table and shall bear the Standard Mark under a license from the Bureau as per Scheme-I of Schedule-II of BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018.
3. Certificate of Conformity. – Goods or articles specified in the column (1) of the Table-2 shall conform to the corresponding essential requirement(s) given in the column (2) of the said table under a certificate of conformity from the Bureau as per Scheme-IV of Schedule-II of BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018.
4. Certification and Enforcement Authority.- In respect of the goods or articles specified in the column (1) of the Table-1 and Table-2, the Bureau shall be the certifying and enforcing authority.
5. Penalty for Contravention. – Any person who contravenes the provisions of this Order shall be punishable under the provisions of the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016.
|Goods or article||Indian Standard||Title of Indian Standard|
|Retro-reflective Devices||IS/ISO 6742-2:2015||Cycles-Lighting and Retro-Reflective Devices- Part 2 Retro-Reflective Devices|
|Goods or article||Essential Requirement||Title of Indian Standard|
|Requirement of Retro- Reflective Devices for Bicycles||Clause 4.14 of IS 10613: 2014||Cycles-Safety Requirements for Bicycles|
Note : For the purposes of Table-1, the latest version of Indian Standards including the amendments issued thereof, as notified by the Bureau of Indian Standards from time to time, shall apply from date as notified by the Bureau.
[F. No. P-29014/3/2018-LEI]
ANIL AGRAWAL, Jt. Secy