Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Benefits of Social Security Schemes to Senior Citizens
Posted On: 23 MAR 2021 3:47PM by PIB Delhi
The Department of Social Justice and Empowerment has formulated the scheme of National Action Plan for Senior Citizens (NAPSrC) with effect from 01.04.2020 which has a sub-scheme of Programmes for National Institute of Social Defence for Senior Citizens (NISDSrC). The NISDSrC includes programme inter-alia “Awareness Generation and Sensitization Programme” which has the following activities :-
The Department has also launched the scheme of RashtriyaVayoshri Yojana in 2017 under which physical aids and assistive living devices are provided to Senior Citizens suffering from age related disability/infirmity so as to restore near normalcy in their bodily functions. The prospective beneficiaries in each district are identified by a team of Doctors/Technicians/Other professionals to assess their needs and to prescribe the requisite assistive living devices the Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO), the implementing agency, in collaboration with the respective distribution after making wide publicity regarding the assessment camps.
As per the information received from Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare, as per Rule 54 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972, Family Pension Scheme, 1964, has been introduced which allows payment of pension for life to the eligible dependent family member of a Central Government servant/pensioners who dies while in service/after retirement. Salient features of the scheme are as under:-
1. Payable to the families of – Those who entered Government before 1st January 2004 Provisionally to those who entered after 31st December, 2003 and died while in service.
2. Family pension at ordinary rate: 30% of the last pay drawn. However, enhanced Rate 50% of the last pay drawn is paid to the eligible family members for 10 years on death of Government servant while in service and for 7 years on the death of the pensioner or up to the date of 67 years of age had he/she survived.
1. Minimum Family Pension is Rupees 9000/- per month and maximum Family Pension Rupees 1, 25,000/ per month at enhanced rate & Rupees 75,000 at ordinary rate.
2. Family pension payable to spouse, till death or remarriage. However, in respect of family members other than spouse, subject to income criterion i.e. minimum of family pension + dearness relief thereon. Childless widow even after her remarriage Children, including Children from illegitimate marriage and adopted ones, further subject to age/marital/disability criteria. Dependent parents and dependent disabled siblings are also eligible for family pension.
3. All children below 25 years of age are eligible for family pension. However, in case of a disabled children and Unmarried/divorced/widowed daughters above 25 years of age are also eligible.
This information was given by Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Rattan Lal Katariain a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID: 1706913) Visitor Counter : 38