MINISTRY OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT
New Delhi, the 3rd January, 2017
S.O. 19(E).––Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (hereinafter referred to as the Mahatma Gandhi NREGA) launched under the provisions of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005 (42 of 2005) involves expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government in the Ministry of Rural Development hereby notifies the following, namely:––
1. (1) An individuals registered under the Mahatma Gandhi NREGA are hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual registered under the Mahatma Gandhi NREGA who is not yet enrolled for Aadhaar shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrolment by 31st March, 2017, and in case she or he is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act, such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at (uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Department of Rural Development or Panchayati Raj, (In-charge MGNREGA) under the State Government or Union Territory Administrations is required to offer enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there are no Aadhaar enrolment centers located within the respective Block or Taluk or Tehsil, the said Department of Rural Development or Panchayati Raj (In-charge MGNREGA) may provide enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or may provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities by becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, she or he shall be allowed to work under the said Act subject to the production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) job card issued under Mahatma Gandhi NREGA;
(b)(i) if he has enrolled, his Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2;
(c) (i) the voter identity card issued by the Election Commission of India; or (ii) ration card; or (iii) the driving license issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988; or (iv) the certificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (v) the Kisan passbook with photo; or (vi) any other document specified by the State Government:
Provided further that the aforesaid documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the State Government.
2. (1) In order to provide convenient and hassle free entitlements to the registered workers under the provisions of the said Act, the Department of Rural Development or Panchayati Raj (In-charge MGNREGA) shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:––
(2) Wide publicity through media and individual notices shall be given to applicants or beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar to work under Mahatma Gandhi NREGA. They may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest enrolment centres available in their areas by 31st March, 2017. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(3) In case, the beneficiaries are not able to enrol due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the vicinity, the Department of Rural Development or Panchayati Raj (In-charge MGNREGA) of States Government or Union Territory Administrations is required to create enrolment facilities at the convenient locations and the applicants or beneficiaries may be requested to register their request for enrolment by giving their names with other details, such as, Job card number, address, Bank Account details, mobile number, etc., on a portal and such requests may also be registered with the Gram Panchayat or Block Office.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the States and Union Territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya, and the State of Jammu and Kashmir:
Provided that different dates may be notified for the States of Assam, Meghalaya, and the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
APARAJITA SARANGI, Jt. Secy.