The object clause of a hospital or healthcare institution plays a pivotal role in defining its core objectives and activities. It outlines the scope of its operations, research, educational initiatives, and support services. In this article, we will delve into the detailed object clause for hospitals, shedding light on the diverse range of activities that hospitals are authorized to engage in under their main objectives.
1. To purchase, sell, manage, improve, maintain, obtain/give on lease, promote, administer, operate and otherwise deal and obtain license for running hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, pharmacy, dispensaries, maternity homes, old age homes, health resorts and health clubs, all types of ambulatory services, polyclinics, medical centers, child & women welfare and family planning centers, diagnostic centers, health aids and research centers/laboratory and to undertake all kinds of medical and health care activities in India and/or abroad.
2. To undertake, promote, assist or engage in all kinds of research including clinical and development work required to promote, assist or engage in setting up hospitals, any type of healthcare/medical relief centers and facilities for manufacturing medical equipments, apparatus and instruments etc. in India as well as abroad.
3. To undertake, provide, encourage, initiate or promote facilities for the discovery, improvement or development of new methods of diagnostics, understanding and prevention and treatment of any disease and to carry out medical and clinical research and other development work by engaging the research and development of all medical sciences and all types of treatment therapies in India as well as abroad.
4. To establish, run, promote and make investment in the educational institutions, schools, colleges, for imparting medical and healthcare education and management training in the field of medicine, nursing, physical medicine, rehabilitative medicine, pharmacy and allied medical administration and management of such medical institutions including health and hospital management, training and development, pharmaceutical management, hospitality, programmers for skills and competency development, training and certification of professionals and/or postgraduate students in India as well as abroad, in accordance with applicable laws/guidelines.
5. To research, design, manufacture, import, export, buy, sell, and otherwise deal in all types of pharmaceuticals, organic and in-organic chemicals, medicines including all types of alternate medicines/therapies, drugs & intermediates and all kinds of equipment and instrumentation for medical and healthcare activities and to carry on in India or aboard any business activities of rendering support services of all types and kinds including forex services, e-commerce services, catering & food services, tailoring, washing & laundering with the objective of delivering solutions in relation to the medical and healthcare services provided/to be provided by the Company.
6. To carry on the business activities of medical publications and manufacturing of articles made from paper & cardboard, books, magazines, periodicals, brochures, pamphlets, catalogues, booklets, leaflets, bulletins, posters, newsletters, photographs, stationary, artist material, office requisites, packing materials, instructions and teaching materials, direct mailers and printed matters for publicity and advertisement in India or elsewhere and to provide all types of management consultancy and business development services in relation to medical and healthcare services provided by the Company.