MAJOR CHANGES IN THE PROCESSES/ GUIDELINES PERTAINING TO STUDENT REGISTRATION, EXAMINATION ENROLLMENT, ETC. PURSUANT TO ISSUE OF COMPANY SECRETARIES (AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS, 2020.
The Gazette Notification on the Company Secretaries (Amendment) Regulations, 2020 has been published on 3rd February, 2020 in the Official Gazette of India and the same shall be applicable from the said date of publication.
With the introduction of new regulations, a number of processes / guidelines have changed. A summary of such changes in the student registration, examination enrollment, etc. are furnished hereunder :
1. New Admissions to the Foundation Programme of CS Course stands discontinued. (Note : Existing Foundation Programme Students shall be allowed to appear in the Foundation Programme Examinations till expiry of the validity of their registrations. Such students, after passing the Foundation Programme Examinations, may register for Executive Programme as per existing process.)
2. CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is being introduced which will be a mandatory qualifying test for all categories of students for registration to Executive Programme except a few exempted categories. Graduates / Post Graduates, who were hitherto eligible to seek registration directly to Executive Programme, will also have to qualify the CSEET to become eligible for registration to Executive
3. The following categories of students shall be exempted from qualifying CSEET and can seek registration directly to Executive Programme :
|a)||CS Foundation Programme passed students||Exemption Fee : Nil|
|b)||ICAI (The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) Final Course passed students.||Exemption Fee :Rs.5000/-|
|c)||ICMAI (The Institute of Cost Accountants of India) Final Course passed students.||Exemption Fee:Rs.5000/-|
4. Revised Fee Structure for registration to Executive Programme is given below :
|Particulars||Fee Payable (Rs.)|
|CSEET passed||CS Foundation passed||ICAI Final passed||ICMAI Final passed|
|CSEET Exemption Fee||Nil||Nil||5000||5000|
|Pre-Exam Test Fee||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|One Day Orientation Prog. Fee||600||600||600||600|
|Chartered Secretary Journal Subscription (Optional) for one year||500||500||500||500|
5. The first CS Executive Entrance Test shall be tentatively held in the month of May, 2020. Tentative schedule for conducting CS Executive Entrance Test throughout the year shall be as under :
|Date of CSEET||Last Date for
|Cut-off date of
registration in CS
|May||21st January to 15th April||On Saturday (which is close to 10th May)||By 20th May||31st May (for appearing in both modules of Executive Program in December session in same year)|
|July||21st May to 15th June||On Saturday (which is close to 10th July)||By 20th July||31st July (for appearing in single module of Executive Program in December session in same year)|
|November||21st July to 15th October||On Saturday ( which is close to 10th November)||By 20th November||30th November (for
appearing in both modulesof Executive Program in
June session in next year)
|January||21st November to 15th
|On Saturday (which is close to 10th January)||By 20th January||31st January (for appearing in single module of Executive Program in June session in same year)|
6. The following subjects shall covered under CS Executive Entrance Test :
a) Paper 1: Business Communication
b) Paper 2: Legal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning
c) Paper 3: Economic and Business Environment
d) Paper 4: Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills
7. The CSEET shall be an online Computer-based Test. CSEET will be comprising of MCQs, audio clips, video clips, and descriptive questions.
8. An aggregate of 50% and minimum 40% marks in each subject will be the qualifying criteria for CSEET. The duration of CSEET shall be 135 minutes (120 Minutes for MCQ test and 15 minutes for Viva Voce). There will be no negative marking.
9. The cut-off dates for registration to Executive Programme and Professional Programme for appearing in the Company Secretaries Examinations held in June and December every year stands changed as under :
|Session of CS Executive/ Professional Examinations||No. of Module(s) in which a Student can appear in the Examinations||Cut-off date for Registration to Executive/ Professional Programme|
|June||All Modules||30th November (previous year)|
|Any One Module||31st January (same year)|
|December||All Modules||31st May (same year)|
|Any One Module||31st July (same year)|
10. Provisional Registration to Executive Programme stands discontinued.
11. Executive and Professional Programme Students (Syllabus 2017 onwards) shall successfully complete a Pre-Examination Test to become eligible for seeking enrolment to the main examinations.
12. Registration of Executive and Professional Programme students should be valid as on the date of submission of examination enrolment application. If the validity of registration has expired, they will have to seek Registration Denovo to become eligible for submission of examination enrolment
13. Students enrolled for the main examinations and are desirous of submitting requests for change of Examination Centre, Medium, Combination of Modules shall be required submit formal requests 30 days prior to the date of commencement of examinations.
14. A new clause “Continuation of Registration” is being introduced according to which the students will have to keep their registration renewed from time to time even after passing Professional Programme Stage till completion of all the training requirements so as to become entitled to be enrolled as member of the Institute. The prescribed fee for seeking “Continuation of Registration” shall be Rs.1000/- per year.
15. The provision of “Extension of Registration” stands discontinued. On expiry of the validity of registration, students of Executive and Professional Programme shall be required to seek renewal through “Registration Denovo” process.