Mr Jaydeep Narendra Shah was elected as CA Institute President at a meeting of the central council of the institute in the capital today in place of Mr G. Ramaswamy, who demitted office today. CA Jaydeep Narendra Shah was Vice-President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He was a Central Council Member and was re-elected to the Central Council of ICAI for the third term for the period from 2010 to 2013 after completion of 1st term from 2004-2007 and current 2nd term from 2007-2010.
However, CA G Ramaswamy will continue to be in ICAI’s current central council till 2013.
Meanwhile, Mr Subodh Kumar Agrawal has been elected as Vice-President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He hails from Kolkata representing the Eastern regional council of the institute.
CA. Jaydeep Narendra Shah, President, ICAI
CA. Jaydeep Narendra Shah is the newly elected President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. A combination of intellect, prudence and professional excellence, he was elected as a Central Council Member for the third term for the period from 2010 to 2013 after completion of 1st term from 2004-2007 and 2nd term from 2007-2010. CA. Jaydeep N. Shah has become the supreme torch-bearer of Indian accountancy profession by being elected as the President of the ICAI for the year 2012-13 by the 21st Council of the Institute on February 12, 2012. He has been a fellow member of the ICAI with more than 24 years of standing. Bestowed with exceptional organizational and administrative skills, he was serving as the Vice – President of the ICAI for the year 2011-12.
CURRENT PORTFOLIO – INTERNATIONAL
- He has been appointed as the member of International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB) of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) for the period January, 2012- December, 2014. IFAC has 167 members and associates from 127 countries across the world.
- He is also a Technical Advisor to CA.G. Ramaswamy, IFAC Board Member.
- He has been elected as a member of the Nominations Committee of XBRL International for the period October, 2011 – October, 2013
- He is appointed as the Chairman of the South Asian Federation of Accountants – Committee on Education, Training & CPD covering 8 professional bodies of 5 countries namely Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
PAST ASSIGNMENTS AT CENTRAL COUNCIL LEVEL OF ICAI
- He was Chairman Board of Studies for 4 years.
- He was Chairman of the Committee for Commerce Education & Career counseling for 1 year.
- He was Chairman of the Ethical Standards Board for 2 years.
- He was Chairman of the HR and Administration Committee for 1 year.
- He was Chairman of Financial Reporting & Review Board of ICAI.
WESTERN INDIAN REGIONAL COUNCIL(WIRC) OF ICAI AND NAGPUR BRANCH OF ICAI
- Earlier, CA. Jaydeep N. Shah was the Vice-Chairman of WIRC of the ICAI for the year 1997- 98.
- He was elected as a member of the Western India Regional Council of the ICAI for 3 consecutive terms i.e. 1995-98, 1998-2001 and 2001-2004, covering 9 years.
- He was also a member of Managing Committee of Nagpur Branch of WIRC of ICAI during 1991-95 and served as its Secretary for 1991-92, 1992-94 and Chairman for 1994-95.
ACADEMIC TRACK RECORD
- CA. Jaydeep N. Shah passed M.Com from Nagpur University standing 1st in the order of Merit.
- He was awarded P. Satyanarayanan Gold Medal and Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Award for Standing first in the order of merit in M.Com.
- He passed B.Com from Nagpur University Standing 8th in the order of Merit.
- CA. Jaydeep N. Shah was a member of Board of Studies, Accounts and Statistics Board of Nagpur University for 3 years.
- He was a visiting faculty to 47th IRS batch in National Academy of Direct Taxes.
CA. Subodh Kumar Agrawal, Vice-President, ICAI
CA. Subodh Kumar Agrawal is the newly elected Vice-President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI). He was a Central Council Member for the period 2007 – 2010 and was re-elected to the Central Council of ICAI for the second term from 2010-2013.
ASSIGNMENTS HANDLED AT CENTRAL COUNCIL LEVEL OF ICAI
- CA. Subodh Kumar Agrawal was the Chairman of Committee for Members in Industry (2010-11).
- He was the Convenor of the group for Satyam Report – High Powered Committee (2010- 12).
- He was the Chairman, Audit Committee of ICAI (2008-09).
- He was the Chairman, Public Finance Committee of ICAI (2008 and 2009).
- He was the member of Executive committee of ICAI (2007).
- He has been a member of various Non Standing Committees of the ICAI : Accounting Standard Board, Auditing and Assurance Standard, Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, International Taxation Laws, Expert Advisory, Corporate Laws, Golden Jubilee Celebrations, WTO, Audit Committee, Financial Report Review Board, Board of Studies, Corporate Governance Committee, Information Technology, HR & Admin Committee, Representation Committee ,International Affairs, Committee on Financial Market and Investor Protection, Continuing Professional Development Committee, Ethical Standards Board, Professional Development Committee, Committee on Accounting Standards for Local Bodies, Editorial Board, etc.
INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS & EXPOSURE
- He has been an ICAI nominee on various committees of South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) – Committee for Improvement in Transparency, Accountability and Governance , Professional Accountants in Business.
- He has attended meeting of International Ethical Standards Board for Accountants of IFAC.
- CA. Subodh Kumar Agrawal has got experience in Statutory and Internal Audit of various PSU’s, Banks.His specialization is in the area of Internal and Statutory Audit of Private and Public Sector Entities viz Banks, Insurance Companies, Company Law matters, SEBI matters, NBFC matters etc.
- He has also been providing Consultancy Services in the fields of Accounting & Auditing-Particularly matters relating to Indian and International Auditing and Accounting Standards, Corporate Laws, Corporate Governance, Restructuring of Business- Mergers, Amalgamations, Demergers, etc.
- In the year 2008, he was appointed as Task force Member by Department of Public Enterprises for MOU in Mining and Metal Sector. He facilitated in entering into MOUs with various companies viz. SAIL, Uranium Corp, Rashtriya Ispat Nigam, NMDC.
- In the year 2009,he was appointed as Task Force Member by Department of Public Enterprises for Petroleum –II, in facilitating MOU covering BRPL, BPCL, Chennai Petro, NRL, IOC, HPCL.
- He is also an Independent Director in M/s Gujarat NRE Coke Ltd. and Accounting and Research Foundation (ARF) of the ICAI.
EASTERN INDIAN REGIONAL COUNCIL OF ICAI(EIRC)
- CA. Subodh Kumar Agrawal was the Chairman of EIRC of the ICAI (2006).
- He was the Vice Chairman of EIRC of the ICAI (2005).
- He was the Secretary of EIRC of ICAI (2004).
ACADEMIC TRACK RECORD
- CA. Subodh Kumar Agrawal passed Chartered Accountancy examination from ICAI in the year 1988.
- He did B.Com (Hons) from the Kanpur University.
CA. Subodh Kumar Agrawal has delivered lectures at various seminars, symposia and Conferences organized by EIRC and by various study circles of the ICAI. He has also addressed other organizations on topics like Bank Audit, Corporate Governance, Micro Finance, NGO, Derivatives, Right to Information Act, CAAT, CARO, Accounting Standards, Auditing Standards, LLP etc.