Dear Members and Students of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India,
I am very happy to inform you that a delegation comprising the following had a very meaningful dialogue with the Hon’ble Minister for Corporate Affairs (Independent Charge), Shri Sachin Pilot in the late night (11 .55PM) of 4th April, 2014 at Kekdi in Rajasthan:
2. The following representing the members and students assembled at ICSI and MCA premises also joined the delegation:
3. The Hon’ble Minister heard us very patiently about the three representations dated 2nd April 2014 of the Institute in respect of key managerial personnel,secretarial audit, and pre-certification of e-forms. He apprised that the representations are already under examination and assured that the examination of these representations would be completed by the Government in consultation with the Law Ministry and a decision on them would be taken expeditiously.
4. The representation in respect of annual returns has been taken up earlier with the Ministry separately and is being followed up.
5. The Hon’ble Minister expressed that resort to any kind of dharna is not in the interest of any body.
6. I thank the Hon’ble Minister for meeting us despite his busy schedule, listening to us very carefully, having a free and frank discussion with us, and assuring us of expeditious action on our representations.
7. Your Council is conscious of its responsibilities towards the profession and committed to ensure effective outcome of these representations. I request the members and students to have patience and maintain absolute peace and calm.
Place: New Delhi R. SRIDHARAN
April 5, 2014 President, ICSI